Subject: [Mipshop] [issue2] Resolve P, I and V bits

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:03:12 +0000

This has been entered in the issue tracker as issue 2.

owner: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>:

category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mipshop-hmipv6
priority: Should fix
status: Pending
title: Resolve P, I and V bits

James and Gab vote for simplifying the protocol by assuming 
RCoA as the source address is possible, and reverse tunneling
in this case. Also assume that ingress filtering is always turned
on as per IETF recommendations.

Hesham believes that "it's useful to have a flag that
tells the MN that location privacy is available through
reverse tunnelling or directly sending packets with RCoA
as a src. 

Question from Gab: if we assume ingress filtering is always one (as I believe 
we should), then which bits (if any) are needed?
_____________________________________________________
Mipshop issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mipshop/issue2>
_____________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop