Subject: [Mipshop] CFP:Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium 2004 - Extended Deadline

From: Tim Ozugur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 11:06:55 -0600

(Apologies if you are receiving this message more than once)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                         CALL FOR PAPERS

                         BroadNets 2004
           Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium 2004
                     October 25 - 29, 2004
                   San Jose, California, USA
                        www.broadnets.org

       ***** Extended Submission Deadline: April 1, 2004 *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

SCOPE
-----

BroadNets 2004 is a new conference focusing on broadband networking
and covers the entire gamut of next generation networks with 
ultra-high bandwidth available all the way from access networks 
(xDSL, Cable, EPON, Broadband Wireless, multi-Gigabit uplinks), 
to regional and metropolitan networks to wide-area core networks.

The conference will consist of the following two symposia:

** Broadband Wireless Networking that is defined to cover 
   high-speed wireless networking for access, regional and 
   backhaul networks including backhaul capacity provisioning 
   using wireless, including the WLAN networks and WMAN.

** Broadband Optical Networking includes WDM technologies, Ethernet and
MPLS 
   integration into the optical layer, Next-Gen SONET/SDH, as well as
SAN 
   extentions over DWDM/SONET/SDH.

BroadNets 2004 will thus offer a unique forum for researchers from
academia, government and industry to share ideas and disseminate 
new results in these important areas.  In addition to expansion in 
scope, BroadNets 2004 will expand its target audience by encouraging
industry contributions, through architecture and position papers.  
More details can be found at www.broadnets.org.

This Call for Papers describes the details for the Broadband Wireless
Networking Symposium ONLY.  (Refer to the broadnets.org website for
the Broadband Optical Symposium details.)  We are soliciting full 
papers in all research, development, and deployment areas on 
broadband wireless networking.  Applications/position/system papers 
from industry are also encouraged.
 
Topics of interest include, but not limited to, the following:
 
- 3G/4G Systems
- Fixed Broadband Wireless Access
- Wireless Local Area Networks
- WLAN Hotspots
- Wireless indoor & home networks
- Wireless Personal Area Networks including IEEE 802.15
- IEEE 802.16 (WiMax) Standards Activities and Products
- Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks
- Wireless Wide Area Networks
- Free-Space Optics
- Ultra Wideband (UWB) Networks
- Ad-hoc networks
- Cellular mobile/WLAN interoperability
- System architecture

- Network Topology management
- Neighbour discovery
- Unicast and multicast routing
- Quality-of-Service support
- Security techniques and systems
- Resource management

- Software-defined radio
- Space-time processing, MIMO systems
- Digital signal processing
- Smart (directional) antennas
- Power control

- Wireless emergency systems
- Standards, Licensing and regulation
- Interference mitigation for multiple access
- Economics and business cases

IMPORTANT DATES
---------------

Full papers due:                April 1, 2004 
Notification of acceptance:     June 7, 2004
Final manuscript due:           July 7, 2004
Conference Dates:               October 25 - 29, 2004

PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
-----------------------------

Authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 20 double-spaced
pages in Times 10pt font, including references, figures and tables.  
All submissions should be submitted electronically to EDAS system at 
http://edas.info/Conferences.cgi and in Postscript or Adobe PDF format.
Papers of particular merit will be considered for a special
issue of ACM/Kluwer Mobile Networks (MONET) Journal.

PROPOSALS FOR WORKSHOPS, TUTORIALS AND PANELS
---------------------------------------------

Proposals for workshops, tutorials and panels on broadband wireless
networking and related topics are solicited. Contact information 
for respective Chairs can be found at www.broadnets.org.  

Workshop proposals should consist of: 1) title of the workshop,
2) description of potential audience, 3) description of the workshop 
topic and justification of why the proposed topic is interesting and 
timely and, 4) intended format of the workshop. Please submit your
proposals to the appropriate Chairs by April 1, 2004.

Tutorial proposals should consist of: 1) title and outline of
materials to be presented, 2) description of potential audience, 
3) justification of why the proposed topic is interesting and timely
and, 4) biographical sketch of the presenter(s). Please submit your
proposals to the appropriate Chairs by May 1, 2004.

Panel topics should address innovative, controversial, or otherwise
provocative issues of interest related to broadband wireless
networking and communications.  Please submit your proposals to the
appropriate Chairs by May 1, 2004.

CONFERENCE INFORMATION
----------------------

For the general information about the organization of the BroadNets
2004 conference, please visit http://www.broadnets.org or contact 
one of the conference chairs listed below (more details are on
the website).

CONFERENCE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
-------------------------------

BroadNets Conference General Chair: 
  
 Dr. Raj Jain, Nayna Networks/Ohio State University, [email-masked]

Broadband Wireless Networking Symposium Chair:

 Dr. Zhensheng Zhang, San Diego Research Center, [email-masked]

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Parameswaran Ramanathan, Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison,
[email-masked] 
 Dr. Thomas Hou, Virginia Tech,  [email-masked]

Panels Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Byrav Ramamurthy, University of Nebraska - Lincoln,
[email-masked]
 Dr. Loukas Paraschis, Cisco Systems, [email-masked]

Tutorials Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Hakki Candan Cankaya, Alcatel USA, [email-masked]
 Dr. Surendar Chandra, Univ of Notre Dame, [email-masked]

Workshops Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Nasir Ghani, Tennessee Tech University, [email-masked]
 Dr. Rajeev Shorey, National University of Singapore and IBM Research
India, 
                [email-masked]

Exhibits and Sponsorships Chairs:

 Dr. Samrat Ganguly, NEC Labs, [email-masked]
 Dr. Javier Aracil, Universidad Publica de Navarra, Spain, 
                [email-masked] 
  
Publications Chair:

 Dr. Srinivasan Ramasubramanian, U. of Arizona [email-masked]

Local Arrangements Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Subhankar Dhar, San Jose State University, [email-masked]
 Dr. Sukesh Pai, Microsoft,  [email-masked]

Publicity Co-Chairs: 

 Dr. Tim Ozugur, Alcatel USA,  [email-masked]
 Dr. Gaoxi Xiao, Nanyang Technological Univ. Singapore,
[email-masked]
 Dr. Marcos Rogerio Salvador, CPqD Telecom & IT Solutions,
[email-masked]

Steering Committee  Co-Chairs:

 Dr. Imrich Chlamtac, UT Dallas, [email-masked]
 Dr. Krishna Sivalingam, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 
                [email-masked] 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop