Subject: [Mipshop] FMIPv6 review comments

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 14:56:53 -0700

Hello Allison,

my replies to your comments on
draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-02.txt

Comment:
"I've reviewed the use of the Experimental ICMPv6 format wrt to the
other users,
ARD and CTP.  I'm not sure IANA can start assignment with 0, so the
requested values may
be incorrect."

Rajeev:> You are right. The IANA section will be particularly revised to
be consistent with
CARD protocol's use of ND Option space.

"The discussion of the benefits from fast handoff is compelling - should
the
draft include text describing the terms of experiment:  how the protocol
will be evaluated and
developed towards becoming standards track?  or is this in the working
group's
charter?"

Rajeev:> This work is planned for the MobOpts RG. In fact, there has
already been some presentations on the topic. Perhaps we could focus on
defining a
framework there.

Thanks,

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop