Subject: [Mipshop] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:11:12 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MIPv6 Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)	: R. Koodli
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-03.txt
	Pages		: 42
	Date		: 2004-10-22
	
Mobile IPv6 enables a Mobile Node to maintain its connectivity to
the Internet when moving from an Access Router to another, a process
referred to as handover.  During handover, there is a period when
the Mobile Node is unable to send or receive packets both due to
link switching delay and IP protocol operations.  This ``handover
latency'' resulting from standard Mobile IPv6 procedures, namely
movement detection, new Care of Address configuration and Binding
Update, is often unacceptable to real-time traffic such as Voice
over IP. Reducing the handover latency could be beneficial to non
real-time, throughput-sensitive applications as well.  This document
specifies enhancements to reduce the handover latency due to standard
Mobile IPv6 procedures.  This document does not address improving the
link switching latency.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fast-mipv6-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop