Subject: [Mipshop] fmipv6, rohc and ctp

From: Peng Yongchao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:39:52 +0800

hello all, I have a question about how to combine ROHC with FMIPv6. 

If my momory serves me, in the earlier version of FMIPv6 protocol, the 
tunnel is established between PAR and NAR, the packets to MN are 
encapsulated at PAR and decapsulated at NAR. So if the ROHC context is 
transfered to NAR during the process of fast handover, the ROHC scheme 
can be used immediately after MN attaching to new link. 

But the new FMIPv6 protocol specifies that when NCoA is valid, the 
tunnel should be established between PAR and MN(NCoA) , the packets 
tunneled to MN are decapsulated at MN instead of NAR. So even if the 
ROHC context is transfered to NAR during the process of fast handover, 
the ROHC scheme can't be used until the ROHC context is re-contexted on 
the new link. 

How to resolve this problem without modifying FMIPv6 protocol? 

Peng

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop