Subject: [Mipshop] Interest in protocols for IEEE 802.21 IS, CS, ES

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:02:12 -0700

Colleagues,
 
The IEEE 802.21 working group is developing services for facilitating IP
address mobility and service mobility, especially handoff across a
variety of media. The group is interested in working with the relevant
IETF/IRTF working groups to develop methods of  carrying  these services
across the network.  It would be ideal to discuss this at the next IETF
meeting. 
 
There are multiple drafts currently issued or in development that are
interesting and could serve as the basis for starting the work.
  
Drafts of interest include but are not limited to :
 
"Neighborhood Information Elements Discovery (NED)
(draft-kempf-mobopts-nhood-discovery-00.txt), which provides a generic
protocol for carrying information elements of interest to IEEE 802.21." 
 
"Some Requirements for a Media Independent Handover Information Service"
(draft-faccin-mih-infoserv-00.txt,
http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/dna/draft-faccin-mih-infoserv-00.txt
<http://www.ctie.monash.edu.au/dna/draft-faccin-mih-infoserv-00.txt> ).
 
"Architectural Implications of Link Indications"
http://www.iab.org/documents/drafts/draft-iab-link-indications-01.txt
<http://www.iab.org/documents/drafts/draft-iab-link-indications-01.txt>

"Unified L2 Abstractions for L3-Driven Fast Handover"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-koki-mobopts-l2-abstractions-0
2.txt
 
"A Framework of Media-Independent Pre-Authentication (MPA)"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohba-mobopts-mpa-framework-00.
txt 
 
Best Regards,
Michael G. Williams
IEEE 802.21 Working Group Vice Chair

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:18:43 -0700

Mike,

Would you like to get a BAR BOF-style meeting at IETF set up to discuss
this? With the help of an AD or IAB member, I think we could get a room
reserved for that purpose.

            jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 3:02 PM
Subject: Interest in protocols for IEEE 802.21 IS, CS, ES

Colleagues,

Best Regards,
Michael G. Williams