Subject: [Mipshop] reminder

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 15:56:59 +0300

Folks,

it's great that there is good discussion.

Just a reminder that if you would like to see something revised,
you should submit an issue and your proposed text.

-Rajeev

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 17:05:03 +0200

Rajeev Koodli wrote:

> Just a reminder that if you would like to see something revised, you
> should submit an issue and your proposed text.

Rajeev, thanks for the reminder.  It is true that in a constructive
manner people should identify, refine and post issues in a an easily
trackable and digestible way, so the Editor can keep track.

I was tempted to do so several times, but I gave up.

The issue that I have with the protocol is not easily formulable as an
issue for an issue tracker.  My issue (and question at the same time) is
about identifying handover timings during non-FMIPv6 handovers together
with app-level user experience, and timings and app-level user
experience during FMIPv6 handovers.

This issue is in light of the experiments where user experience over
WiFi is sometimes bad even without handovers, and where user experience
of non-real-time apps during handovers is excellent.

I'm not sure how to formulate it.

I have other document issues and I'll post separated and if there's
interest then I'll fill in the tracker.  But I'm not sure that fixing a
document is better than having a response to the initial roughly
described issue I've posted above.

Alex