Subject: RE: [Mipshop] new charter

From: "Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:42:02 -0400

Ajoy, please rest assured the community is well aware of CARD, and it
was at the time 802.21 was started. You've done a great job in
advertising CARD in any possible fora and occasion. Yet, 802.21 had put
a lot of effort with many individuals from this community supporting it,
even if they were aware of CARD. I am sure the effort the people put int
his work was in their mind well justified, I find it hard to believe
that all the 802.21 contributors were wrong or mislead. 

Ajoy-> I do NOT agree with you. I had conversation with several 802.21
folks and I found that they were not aware about the function of CARD.
802.21 was started to define L2 Event Service, L2 Information Service,
L2 Command Service and these are still being undertaken by them. The
idea of 
L3 transport is new and that is where CARD can play a role. Btw, I also
personally worked with 802.21 editor and discussed with him CARD concept
and received his feedback. His feedback was that CARD can be used for
802.21 transport although some changes may be required. I have
co-authored following CARD presentation with him that I used during my
802.21 meeting.
http://www.ieee802.org/21/sept05_meeting_docs/21-05-0360-00-0000-CARD_Ov
erview_2.ppt 
http://www.ieee802.org/21/sept05_meeting_docs/21-05-0360-01-0000-CARD_Ov
erview_3.ppt 

Btw, why are you too worried about discussing CARD modifications in
802.21 and then bringing these in MIPSHOP or any other IETF WG ?  802.21
will reject it anyway if they think this is not relevant or will not
solve their need.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop