Subject: [Mipshop] FMIPv6 - FBU Authentication

From: "Narayanan Vidya-CVN065" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 23:17:58 -0400

All,
There was some discussion about the use of SPI in the FBU just before
the Paris IETF and there was general consensus that this makes sense. We
have submitted a draft that extends the authentication protocol mobility
option defined for MIP6 to create a sub-type for MN-AR authentication
option. The draft can be found at 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narayanan-mipshop-mn-ar-auth-o
ption-00.txt

I'm trying to see if people think it makes sense to use this to carry
authentication data in the FBU between the MN and AR. 

Please send your thoughts and comments. 

Thanks,
Vidya

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:06:07 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> it makes sense but IMHO this is not a good idea: the "Authentication
Protocol for Mobile IPv6" is for specific environments and should be
informational for ever, so if you use it you should be restricted to
these environments and never go to standard track. I think you should
look at better bootstrapping stuff, including IKEv2 which seems the
best general mechanism, and AAA-based mechanisms which should be
applicable in your special case.

Regards

[email-masked]