Subject: RE: [Mipshop] new charter

From: "Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 12:23:34 -0400

I think Rajeev has made quite clear that CARD is not appropriate for 
supporting FMIP. 

Ajoy-> This was Rajeev's personal opinion. 
Btw, if you think CARD was NOT deigned for FMIP then why was it designed
for?  Perhaps you can comment as SeaMOBY chair.  

I also sent out email with a point by point description of 
this prior to the Paris meeting, and stopped responding to your email
when 
you continued to repeat the same arguments, and it was clear that we
were 
not making progress on communicating.

Ajoy-> Your emails were answered. I do not think the same points were
repeated. I do agree talking about specific protocol selection is
premature unless 802.21 requirements are defined. 

Additionally, as I have mentioned in the past, Rajeev and I have a
competing 
draft based on a different architecture that we belive is more modular
than 
CARD and therefore more appropriate for satisfying both FMIP and 802.21 
(though we will, of course, need to see the 802.21 requirements first
before 
we can say definitively). Therefore, I don't think it would be
appropriate 
to simply accept CARD as a charter item.

Ajoy-> I requested Gabriel to accept CARD and CTP as charter item not
because of 802.21 work.  Should IETF keep on defining RFCs just claiming
architecturally this solution is different from previous one ?  

Finally, I am *NOT* going to answer any email you send (and I would 
encourage others also to not do so) unless it makes substantive points
about 
why you believe that the architecture Rajeev and I are proposing in the
NED 
draft is missing some critical technical point that is important for 
supporting 802.21. Simply sending email over and over saying "CARD is
good! 
Use it!" isn't really advancing the technical discussion.

Ajoy-> I do not consider you as 802.21 expert here. So, I do not need
your opinion about 802.21 here. Btw, I would suggest please read
following document to get better understanding of 802.21 requirements: 
http://www.ieee802.org/21/sept05_meeting_docs/21-05-0348-01-0000-Req_Hig
her_layer_IS.doc. This is just a draft document will help clear your
understanding of 802.21.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop