Subject: [Mipshop] Media Independent Signalling Problem Statement draft

From: "Hepworth, Eleanor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:46:10 +0100

Hi all,

We've submitted a new draft (very short!) which attempts to give a
really simple problem statement for what we think the IETF should try to
achieve in the MIH problem space.  All comments welcome.

Title:
   Problem Statement: Media Independent Handover Signalling 

Abstract:
   There are on-going activities in the networking community to develop
   solutions for handover between heterogeneous wired and wireless
   access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE 802.21.
   Intelligent access selection, taking into account link layer
   attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
   information types to the terminal from different sources within the
   network.  The protocol requirements for this signalling have both
   transport and security issues that must be considered.  The
   signalling must not be constrained to specific link types, so there
   is at least a common component to the signalling problem which is
   within the scope of the IETF.  This draft presents a problem
   statement for this core problem.

Authors:
    Eleanor Hepworth
    Greg Daley
    Srinivas Sreemanthula
    Stefano Faccin

The document is available at:
http://sigcomp.srmr.co.uk/mipshop/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-sta
tement-00.txt

and should be available from the repository soon.

Thanks,

Ele

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop