Subject: RE: [Mipshop] new charter

From: "Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:36:34 -0400

Ok, what are the information it wants exchange using handover exchange
protocol? Is it not CARD a handover exchange protocol for FMIPv6? 

Regards,
Ajoy 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajeev Koodli [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:31 PM
To: Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1
Cc: Petrescu Alexandru-AAP021; [email-masked]; James Kempf;
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mipshop] new charter

Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1 wrote:

> Ajoy-> I am confused why FMIPv6 needs to define Information Service
> protocol. 

It does not.
It continues to use the PrRt* messages, perhaps with a harmonized 
message structure defined by the "handover information exchange"
protocol.

-Rajeev

> I guess FMIPv6 was defined to take care of routing aspect of 
> Fast Mobile/IP. CARD was deigned for Information Query Response and
> Context Transfer protocol was defined to transfer context from one AR
to
> other. 

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Rajeev Koodli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:46:46 -0700

> protocol? Is it not CARD a handover exchange protocol for FMIPv6? 

CARD is not a requirement for FMIP. None of the today's implementations 
need it for it to function.

As I have pointed out previously, FMIPv6 only needs to know [L2-ID, 
AR-Info] tuple of the NAR. I question the usefulness of CARD if that's 
what it is trying to provide; PrRt* messages in FMIP, which have existed 
long before CARD was conceived, are just fine.

If CARD provides target AR selection or router - router neoighborhood 
map population, that could be useful.

Hope this is clear. I do not wish to go through the same thread again :-)

Regards,

-Rajeev

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 17:15:12 -0700

> Hope this is clear. I do not wish to go through the same thread again :-)

Precisely.

            jak