Subject: RE: [Mipshop] new charter

From: "Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:39:21 -0400

Ok, what information it wants to exchange using so called handover
exchange protocol? Is it not CARD a handover exchange protocol for
FMIPv6? 

Regards,
Ajoy 

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajeev Koodli [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 2:31 PM
To: Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1
Cc: Petrescu Alexandru-AAP021; [email-masked]; James Kempf;
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mipshop] new charter

Singh Ajoy-ASINGH1 wrote:

> Ajoy-> I am confused why FMIPv6 needs to define Information Service
> protocol. 

It does not.
It continues to use the PrRt* messages, perhaps with a harmonized 
message structure defined by the "handover information exchange"
protocol.

-Rajeev

> I guess FMIPv6 was defined to take care of routing aspect of 
> Fast Mobile/IP. CARD was deigned for Information Query Response and
> Context Transfer protocol was defined to transfer context from one AR
to
> other. 

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop