Subject: [Mipshop] recap of rechartering discussion at IETF 64 in Vancouver

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:52:03 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

We now have the slides for all the presentations up on the proceedings web site:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=64
(search for the MIPSHOP section).

In particular, the chair slides:

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05nov/slides/mipshop-10.ppt

...summarized the final consensus on the rechartering discussion (slide 5).
As you may recall, the final items we were gauging consensus on, and the results
were:

   - None were unanimous
   - FMIPv6-over-foo
         YES, for informational
         some asked for PS instead
    - Threats and Security Modeling for Discovery and Transport for 802.21
         NO
    - Event Services and Command Services (in addition to Information Services) support
         YES, lots of interest in doing IS/ES/CS in parallel
         some opposition due to lack of clarity in requirements, though

Given that, we've finalized the charter as we showed on slide 6 of the above
slide set (some tweaking of the dates still going on)
and will forward soon to the WG and to the ADs.

-gabriel

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop