Subject: [Mipshop] [issue16] PAR buffering packets

From: Rajeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:05:39 +0000

New submission from Rajeev <[email-masked]>:

Background: Based on the earlier discussion in the ML, buffering provision at
PAR was specified as an option (MAY) when PrRtSol is processed. This would allow
to reduce packet loss in case the MN leaves with sending FBU from PAR's link.

Proposal: Remove the provision based on PrRtSol. Allow link-specific means
(Caveat: how does a link know to differentiate between transmission error and
handover? Should we still keep the option based on PrRtSol and mention the
consequences?)

----------
category: Technical
draft: draft-ietf-mipshop-rfc4068bis
messages: 33
nosy: rajeev
priority: Should fix
status: No discussion
title: PAR buffering packets

_____________________________________________________
Mipshop issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mipshop/issue16>
_____________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop