Subject: [Mipshop] A Novel FMIPv6 and HMIPv6 Integration Mechanism

From: "jaehwoon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 18:08:58 +0900

Hi!

We posted a new Informational I-D as follows.
Your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

======
Title : I-FHMIPv6: A Novel FMIPv6 and HMIPv6 Integration Mechanism
Authors: Jaehwoon Lee and Sanghyun Ahn
Abstract : 
   The mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) enables a mobile node (MN) to maintain
   its connectivity with a correspondent node (CN) while changing 
   its point of attachment. Since, in MIPv6, packets sent from 
   a CN to an MN during handover can be lost, several mechanisms 
   such as FMIPv6 and HMIPv6 have been proposed to reduce the 
   number of lost packets. However, such mechanisms still suffer 
   from the performance degradation due to not only packet losses 
   but also out-of-sequence packets. In this draft, we propose 
   I-FHMIPv6 which integrates FMIPv6 and HMIPv6 efficiently. 
   I-FHMIPv6 uses the Flush message and can minimize packet losses.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jaehwoon-mipshop-ifhmipv6-00.txt
======

Thanks and regards,

Jaehwoon Lee

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 14:26:35 -0600

Hello members,
We are updating the MIH information service requirements draft for the
March meeting. The abstract and the URL are provided below. Comments
from Jari Arkko and others have been considered and answered.This
version of the draft has been updated with transport requirements of MIH
information service from IEEE 802.21 WG.
 
Title:  
Requirements for a Handover Information Service

Abstract: 
   Handover Information Services may be used to assist handovers between
   one network to another network or within a network, based on stored
   network knowledge.  Information Services can be used to provide
   essential network related information e.g. topology and channel
   information which may allow a moving host to select an appropriate
   link-layer connection to make, amongst available networks, whether
   using the same technology or heterogeneous technologies.

   This document is an effort to describe use cases and transport
   requirements for handover information services, when they are
   transported over IP networks.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faccin-mih-infoserv-02.txt
 
Regards,
Srinivas Sreemanthula