Subject: [MIPSHOP] MIH Problem Statement Draft Update

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:02:55 -0600

Hello members,
We are updating the MIH problem statement draft for the March meeting. 
The abstract and the URL are provided below. This version of 
the draft has been updated based on the agreement within IEEE 
802.21 WG of the content.
 
Title:  
Media Independent Handovers: Problem Statement

Abstract
   There are on-going activities in the networking community to develop
   solutions that aid in IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous
   wired and wireless access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE
   802.21.  Intelligent access selection, taking into account link layer
   attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
   information types to the terminal from different sources within the
   network.  The protocol requirements for this signalling have both
   transport and security issues that must be considered.  The
   signalling must not be constrained to specific link types, so there
   is at least a common component to the signalling problem which is
   within the scope of the IETF.  This draft presents a problem
   statement for this core problem.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hepworth-mipshop-mih-problem-s
tatement-01.txt

Regards,
Srinivas Sreemanthula

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:39:20 -0600

Hello mipshoppers,

I might have gone overboard when I said -

"This version of the draft has been updated based on the agreement
within IEEE 802.21 WG of the content."

To reverse the previous undertone that may be understood differently
here, please read it as -

"This version of the draft has been updated based on authors' current
interpretation of the IEEE 802.21 draft specification #D05 as applied to
the IETF."

Regards,
Srinivas Sreemanthula

>-----Original Message-----
>From: ext [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 3:03 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [MIPSHOP] MIH Problem Statement Draft Update
>
>Hello members,

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 00:24:13 +0200

> interpretation of the IEEE 802.21 draft specification #D05 as applied to

Wouldn't it be better if the IETF MIPSHOP WG had received some official
problem statement / requirements document from the IEEE 8021.21 instead?

Alper