Subject: [Mipshop] New Internet Draft is available

From: Souhwan Jung \(정수환\)<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 13:56:23 +0900

Hi MIPSHOP Members,

New Internet Draft is available.
You can see the draft at the following link.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jung-mipshop-access-auth-00.txt

Please give us any valuable comments on it.
Thanks.

Abstract 

   This memo describes a secure authentication protocol between the MN 
   and NAR(New Access Router) in FMIP6. The main idea is that the MN 
   generates an authentication key for handoff, and delivers it to the 
   NAR through an existing secure channel via the AAA server during a 
   pre-authentication process. The NAR verifies the MN using the 
   delivered key when the MN attaches to itself. The main advantage of 
   this scheme over the full authentication procedure is to distribute 
   the heavy overhead of the AAA server such as key generation and 
   management to the MNs. The AAA server in this scheme just forwards 
   the key information to the NAR using an existing secure channel. 

Souhwan
============================================================
Souhwan Jung
Associate Professor                      
School of Electronic Engineering      ph.: +82-2-820-0714
Soongsil University                         fax: +82-2-821-7653
============================================================

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop