Subject: [Mipshop] New Draft: Problem Statement for Global IP Mobility

From: "NJEDJOU Eric RD-RESA-REN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:01:50 +0200

Hi all,

There was an Ad-Hoc BOF on the right mobility management architecture
for the Internet initiated by James Kempf during the Dallas Meeting.
Global IP Mobility Management was discussed and a rough consensus was
made to develop the discussions to make the problem better understood.
Couple IAB members were present.

draft-njedjou-netlmm-globalmm-ps-00.txt was presented and received
several comments. Following the Ad-Hoc, a new version has just been
released 

Name: draft-njedjou-netlmm-globalmm-ps-01.txt
Title: Problem Statement for Global IP Mobility
Authors: Eric Njedjou, Julien Riera, France Telecom

Abstract:
This document discusses the problem of global IP mobility management in
a context where some mobile operators and service providers are looking
for adequate solutions to the inter-system IP mobility problem. The
document addresses the specific issue of moving between IP access
domains that use different mobility management protocols and mechanisms.
Indeed this type of movement would be an important subset of global IP
mobility scenarios.

Version 01 is available at the following link:
http://perso.rd.francetelecom.fr/njedjou/draft-njedjou-netlmm-globalmm-p
s-01.txt

Major changes from 00 include:

*	Re-defining global IP mobility 
*	Adressing both single and multiple operators mobility scenarios
(with both terminal and network centric schemes)
*	Adressing other comments received during the ad-hoc 
*	Developing issues with existing global IP mobility solutions

Please provide comments

Best Regards
Eric Njedjou
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop