Subject: [Mipshop] FMIPv6 and PrRtAdv

From: Nicolas DICHTEL <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 13:51:54 +0200

Hi,

I have a question about Proxy Router Advertisement in FMIPv6
(draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rev-00.txt).

Section 4 - Page 10-11:
   3. If the new access point is known and the PAR has information
      about it, then PAR MUST respond indicating that the new access
      point is known and supply the [AP-ID, AR-Info] tuple.  If the new
      access point is known, but does not support fast handover, *the
      PAR MUST indicate this with Code 3* (See Section 6.1.2).

Section 5.1 - Page 13-14:
  Even if a MN's current access router is capable of fast handover, the
  new access router to which the MN attaches may be incapable of fast
  handover.  This is indicated to the MN during ``runtime'', *through
  the PrRtAdv message with a Code value of 3* (see Section 6.1.2).

Section 6.1.2 - Page 21:
  A Proxy Router Advertisement with Code 3 means that new router
  information is present only for a subset of access points requested.
  The Option-Code field values (defined above including a value of 1)
  distinguish different outcomes for individual access points.

I think that the Code value to indicate that NAR is incapable of fast 
handover is not 3 but 2, with the Option-Code field in the New Access
Point LLA option set to 7 (Section 6.1.2 - Page 21). Am I right ?

Regards,
Nicolas

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop