Subject: [Mipshop] [issue17] Clarify text in Section 4 on HI processing

From: Rajeev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:28:19 +0000

New submission from Rajeev <[email-masked]>:

Section 4 reads:

"The HI message contains the PCoA, link-layer address and the NCoA of
  the MN. In response to processing a HI message with Code 0, the NAR

  1. determines whether NCoA supplied in the HI message is a valid
     address for use, and if it is, starts proxying [6] the address
     for PROXY_ND_LIFETIME during which the MN is expected to connect
     to NAR. The NAR MAY use the link-layer address to verify if a
     corresponding IP address exists in its forwarding tables." 

The last sentence is not clear.

The purpose was to allow NAR to determine if it was proxying the NCoA already.
In such a case, the LLA would be different.

Clarify text to:

In case there is already an NCoA present, NAR may verify if the LLA is the same
as its own or that of the MN itself. If so, NAR may allow the use of NCoA.

----------
category: Editorial
draft: draft-ietf-mipshop-rfc4068bis
messages: 34
nosy: rajeev
priority: Must fix
status: No discussion
title: Clarify text in Section 4 on HI processing

_____________________________________________________
Mipshop issue tracker <[email-masked]>
<http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mipshop/issue17>
_____________________________________________________

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop