Subject: [Mipshop] Mobility Header Link Layer Address Option

From: Nicolas DICHTEL <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 17:49:02 +0200

Hi,

sorry for the noise, but I have other questions concerning the MH-LLA 
Option.

1/ About Length of the MH-LLA Option

 "Length
       The size of this option in octets not including the Type,
       Length and Option-Code fields."

In RFC 3775, Section 6.2, Length field is describe as follow:
 "Option Length

     8-bit unsigned integer, representing the length in octets of the
     mobility option, not including the Option Type and Option Length
     fields."

Why not following the same way for this option (i.e., include the size of
the Option-Code field in the Length field) ?

2/ About alignment

When the LLA size is 6 bytes, what is the required alignment ? Is it 4n+2,
8n+6 ?
And so, what's the purpose of the field Pad0 ? If the LLA size is 12 bytes,
is this field already there ? Is it longer ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Nicolas

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop