Subject: [Mipshop] Looking for a new co-chair in MIPSHOP

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:58:13 +0300

Gabriel Montenegro is stepping down as a co-chair of MIPSHOP,
after having served years in this role and having taken the
first incarnation of the WG to its successful conclusion
(thank you Gabriel!).

The Area Directors are now looking for a new co-chair to
work with Stefano Faccin, who remains as the other co-chair.

We have decided to make this announcement in order to ensure
that all the potential candidates are aware of the open position.

Please find below a brief profile for the co-chair. We would
like you to consider this profile and either nominate yourself
or other people that you think that would fit well in this
role.  Send the nominations by e-mail to me.

Note that this profile is written for a somewhat ideal
candidate. We fully realize that such people are probably
non-existent, so don't hesitate to nominate somebody who in
your opinion would fit this role quite well but doesn't fit
this profile 100%. And the intent is to select a person so
that the co-chairs can complement each other and work
together.

As for the profile:

- Good management and process skills, including but not
  limited to choosing and supervising editors, commitment and
  follow-through on the charter, active management of the
  working group discussions, and handling IETF process steps
  in prompt fashion.

- Good knowledge of the IP mobility problem space and
  protocols.

- Good understanding of scope, candidate proposals and
  work-in-progress in MIPSHOP.

- Enough available time. For example, preferable not more than
  one other working chair role in IETF.

- There is no requirement that the candidate has been an IETF
  working group chair before. Indeed, we want to train new
  chairs and let people grow into this role. But it helps if there
  is some evidence that the candidate can fulfill such a role
  (e.g., other management roles outside the IETF etc.)

We would like to receive your comments & nominations by August
7th, 2006 and we plan to make a decision as soon as possible
thereafter.

It will be helpful if you indicate in your nomination mail how
you or the nominated candidate fits this profile.

We do not intend to disclose the names of the nominees in
public, but we may solicit feedback from a few selected
people. If you have a problem with your name being
mentioned in this context, let us know.

Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop