Subject: [Mipshop] GIST for 802.21

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 06:16:43 +0300

Hi all,

As chair of NSIS, I'd be happy to help with any discussion of how GIST
could be used with 802.21.  As Robert ran through in the meeting today,
there are 5+ independent implementations of GIST, including several open
source implementations (I can send links, if there is interest) & we
have had 2 interop events.

We have been working on NAT traversal issues, and are looking at
documenting these issues (currently there is an individual submission on
this issue), as we have an Applicability Statement on use of NSIS
protocols in a mobile environment (multihoming is also covered in the
document, to some extent).

My guess is that MIPSHOP would be the home of this work (irrespective of
what transport protocol is used) but I'm happy provide additional
information on what we have been doing, as GIST / NSIS may not have been
on everyone's radar.

thanks,
John (NSIS chair)

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop