Subject: RE: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoption of IDs

From: "Faccin, Stefano M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 15:01:28 -0700

Hello all,

The deadline for discussion on the two drafts that are up for adoption
as WG draft has passed. Based on the comments received and the status of
the discussion, these are the conclusions:

-       draft-arkko-mipshop-cga-cba-04.txt: several comments where
submitted and a lively discussion followed. It is the chairs opinion
that none of the comments provided is a showstopper, therefore we would
like to proceed with the adoption of the draft. Authors, please submit
the draft as WG draft ASAP. It is our intention to initiate right away a
security review of the draft to catch up with the WG milestones. 

-       draft-haddad-mipshop-hmipv6-security-04 (now in rev. 06): there
has been a lot of discussion on the draft, with considerable comments
and objections raised. In light of the very strong opposition, the
chairs require further input on the draft and have submitted a request
for feedback from the mobility directorate and the security directorate.
We're therefore delaying the decision on the adoption/non adoption.

Best regards,

Stefano

________________________________

From: Faccin, Stefano M [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Mipshop] Gauging interest in official WG adoption of IDs

Hi,

Last week during the mipshop meeting we talked about 2 potential drafts
up for adoption as official WG drafts. 

So the question to the WG is: should we adopt the following documents as
official WG items (based on the individual drafts as noted below)?

- draft-haddad-mipshop-hmipv6-security-04

- draft-arkko-mipshop-cga-cba-04.txt

Please send comments one way or another through August 8, 2006.

Thanks,

Stefano M. Faccin

Mobility Group - Technology & Standards

Mobility Wireless Group

Intel Corporation

+1 408 966 2334

[email-masked]

  <http://www.intel.com/> 

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop