Subject: [Mipshop] [Fwd: Update to Internet-Draft and RFC Boilerplate]

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:45:14 -0700

FYI

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Update to Internet-Draft and RFC Boilerplate
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 21:19:59 -0400
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

A small update to BCP 78 was recently approved by the IESG as
RFC 4748, to update the boilerplate (i.e., standard legal text) in
RFCs and Internet-Drafts to recognize the IETF Trust as a rights
holder, instead of ISOC.

The actual boilerplate changes are given below this message.

Starting as soon as reasonably possible, all authors of Internet-Drafts
are requested to use the new boilerplate. The RFC Editor will in any case
be inserting it in all RFCs issued from 2006-11-01. (The rights held by
ISOC in older RFCs will be administratively transferred to the IETF
Trust.)

The public ID Nits checker already accepts I-Ds with old or new
boilerplate.
The Secretariat has started accepting I-Ds with old or new boilerplate

XML2RFC version 1.32 will generate the new boilerplate.
Users of I-D templates are requested to update them appropriately.

http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html and
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html are being updated.

Starting December, the public ID Nits checker will issue warnings for
old boilerplate.

Starting February 2007, the Secretariat will refuse
the old boilerplate in Internet-Drafts.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but this change cannot
be avoided.

     IETF Chair
     IETF Secretariat
     TOOLS Team

--------

Copyright Notice (required for all IETF Documents)

    (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document.)

NOTE: by convention, the first line of the copyright statement
is usually placed near the beginning of each document. This must
also be updated.

OLD
       "Copyright (C) The Internet Society (year).

       This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
       contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
       retain all their rights.

NEW
       "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (year).

       This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
       contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
       retain all their rights.

Disclaimer (required in all IETF Documents)

    (Normally placed at the end of the IETF Document after the copyright
    notice.)

OLD
       "This document and the information contained herein are provided
       on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
       REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND
       THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES,
       EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT
       THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR
       ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
       PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

NEW
       "This document and the information contained herein are provided
       on an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
       REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
       IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
       WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
       WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
       ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
       FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Exceptions

       In MIB modules, PIB modules and similar material commonly
       extracted from IETF Documents, except for material that is being
       placed under IANA maintenance, the following abbreviated notice
       shall be included in the body of the material that will be
       extracted in lieu of the notices otherwise required by Section 5:

OLD
          "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  This version of
          this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
          full legal notices."

NEW
          "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  This version of
          this MIB module is part of RFC XXXX; see the RFC itself for
          full legal notices."

       When the MIB or PIB module is the initial version of a module that
       is to be maintained by the IANA, the following abbreviated notice
       shall be included:

OLD
          "Copyright (C) The Internet Society <year>.  The initial
          version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
          legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
          may be available at:
          http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

NEW
          "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust <year>.  The initial
          version of this MIB module was published in RFC XXXX; for full
          legal notices see the RFC itself.  Supplementary information
          may be available at:
          http://www.ietf.org/copyrights/ianamib.html."

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop