Subject: [Mipshop] Asking Comments for Multicast Fast Handover

From: xiayangsong 24512 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:52:00 +0800

Dear all,

We submitted an I-D which can be used for Mobile IPTV.

Abstract
   The document proposes an extension to FMIPv6 to enable fast multicast
   handover.  The mobile node in the foreign link being visited uses its
   care-of address(CoA) to join multicast groups via a local multicast
   router.  During handover, PAR sends MN's MLD state to NAR which helps
   NAR establish the multicast delivery trees in advance.  PAR also
   tunnels all multicast traffic to NAR which buffers them to be
   delivered after the handover is completed.

FMIPv6 extension for Multicast Handover at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-multicast-00.txt

Comments welcome.

Frank

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop