Subject: [Mipshop] RE:Asking Comments for Multicast Fast Handover (xiayangsong 24512)

From: Sam Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:21:46 +0800

Hi, Frank and Behcet,
   I am interested in your draft. I think it is very good for starting
multicast over FMIP. 

   At the same time,  I think there exists another mechnism to transport
multicast packet from PAR to NAR which may be more elegant.   I think that ,
in fact, it is not unnecessary to tunnel the multicast packet from par to
MN's new position. It's simpler that PAR transmits the multicast packets to
NAR directly as if NAR sends a joint message to PAR. After NAR have
established the multicast tree, NAR sends a prune message to PAR. There are
some virtures for this mechanism than that in your draft:

1: the state of multicast from PAR to NAR is independent of the binding
between NCoA and PCoA.  For the solution in your draft, if the binding at
the PAR is aged, then mobile node  can not receive the multicast packet. In
fact, the joint procedure from NAR to RP consumes more time than the binding
procedure from mn to HA.

  Besides, IMHO, it will be better to add MLD joint option to the FNA.

 Best Regards, Sam Xia

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop