Subject: [Mipshop] Draft - draft-jang-mipshop-nhdisc-00.txt

From: Ashutosh Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 18:37:11 -0500

Alper,
        Let me ask you this question in the mailing list, since I did 
not get a chance to ask on the floor because of lack of time.

I was not clear about the extent of role of the DHCP server 
functionality in the IS that would be responsible to carry the IS 
related information to the mobile.

I hope the client can still use the local DHCP servers that are used to 
provide other local configuration parameters to the client. The IS 
server that is equipped with DHCP server functionality would solely be 
responsible for providing IS related information and cover multiple 
carrier domains as well.

Thanks
Ashutosh

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: "Alper Yegin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:08:01 +0200

Hi Ashutosh,

The DHCP server giving out .21 configuration does not have to be a dedicated
server that does not serve any other DHCP configuration. But, if a
deployment wants such a separation (for any reason), that's possible too.

Alper

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Ashutosh Dutta [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:37 AM
> To: Alper Yegin
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Draft - draft-jang-mipshop-nhdisc-00.txt
> 
> Alper,