Subject: [Mipshop] draft-xia-fmip--multicast-00 comments

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:59:01 -0800 (PST)

Dear all,
  Some people suggested transferring QoS context and possibly other state as well. As far as I know QoS context transfer issue had been brought app. five years ago, no activitity ever since. One possible reason is that QoS context transfer is better handled in Layer 2. In fact all cellular systems handle this, with specific standards.
  If there is desire to revive it, I suggest bringing it with a draft, then we can discuss?

  Regarding the comment that the use of a context transfer protocol would be better, I disagree,consider  the complexity of adding CxTP to FMIPv6. 

Regards,

Behcet

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Thomas C Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:26:35 +0100

Dear all,

there was also the suggestion of just adding multicast data forwarding 
to FMIPv6 ... this seems to be a reasonable compromise, as it also 
accounts for supporting multicast in access networks without mcast 
routing support.

We actually would like to complement this by proposing an equivalent 
support to HMIPv6. Based on our previous draft 
draft-schmidt-waehlisch-mhmipv6-04.txt we could submit a corresponding 
proposal.

Regards,

thomas

Behcet Sarikaya wrote:
> Dear all,
>   Some people suggested transferring QoS context and possibly other 
> state as well. As far as I know QoS context transfer issue had been 
> brought app. five years ago, no activitity ever since. One possible 
> reason is that QoS context transfer is better handled in Layer 2. In 
> fact all cellular systems handle this, with specific standards.
>   Regarding the comment that the use of a context transfer protocol 
> would be better, I disagree,consider  the complexity of adding CxTP to 
> FMIPv6.
> 
>  
> Regards,
> 
> Behcet
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>