Subject: [Mipshop] FBACK lifetime [RFC 4068]

From: "K Raghav-A21492" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 20:26:33 +0800

Hi,

We seek a clarification regarding the FBACK lifetime in RFC 4068.

The Lifetime field in FBU message (section 6.3.1, RFC 4068) makes a
reference to RFC 3775, which states (section 6.1.7, RFC 3775) that this
value should be expressed in number of time units and one time unit is 4
seconds.

However, in FBACK message the lifetime field is expressed (section
6.3.2, RFC 4068) in seconds. However, with Binding Acknowledgement the
lifetime is expressed similar to BU (section 6.1.8, RFC 3775), in time
units, each unit being 4 seconds.

Is this intentionally so, if so, could you please provide some
clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Raghav

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:41:59 -0800

K Raghav-A21492 wrote:
> 6.3.2, RFC 4068) in *seconds*. However, with Binding Acknowledgement the 

Yes, this needs to be corrected in 4068bis. The
lifetime field in the FBU and FBACK should use
the same units. As to whether it should be in
seconds on units of 4 seconds, I am fine with
either.

Vijay