Subject: [Mipshop] Fw: [dhcwg] IETF-67 dhc WG meeting minutes

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:10:13 +0900

copy-and-paste from the DHC minutes.

> Presentations and WG document reviews:
> 
> draft-daniel-dhc-mihis-opt-02
> 
>  Daniel Park presented a summary of this document, which
>  defines a DHCP option to provide the DHCP client with the address of
>  an IEEE 802.21 Information Server.  The Information Server is used
>  for handoffs.  The need for this option needs to be confirmed with
>  the IEEE 802.21 working group and the requirements for the option
>  itself should be developed in the IETF WG working on IEEE 802.21.

So, I am switching this thread to the MIPSHOP WG.

Obviously, IEEE802.21 is mentioning DHCP can be used for
discovering IS location. For that, we need to define a new option
proposed by draft-daniel-dhc-mihis-opt-02. 

The latest version can be found at:
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-daniel-dhc-mihis-opt-02.txt

Comments are highly welcome.

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop