Subject: [Mipshop] For comments: FMIP on Point-to-Point Link

From: xiayangsong 24512 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 16:01:52 +0800

Hi all

Comments are welcomed for I-D
"Fast Handovers for Mobile IPv6 Operation on Point-to-Point Links" 

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-00.txt

Abstract:

   FMIPv6 standard currently assumes that the mobile nodes are connected
   to the access routers using a shared link and does not define the
   operation over Point-to-Point links.  In this document we define
   FMIPv6 operation over the Point-to-Point links.  A PAR advertises
   PrRtAdv including one or more aggregate prefixes of a NAR to an MN;
   The MN formulates it's provisional NCoAs with the aggregate
   prefix(es); The MN initiates FMIPv6 procedure including the
   provisional NCoAs.  Once detecting provisional NCoAs of the MN, the
   NAR assigns a unique prefix called the dedicated prefix to MN and the
   MN configures it's final NCoAs.  Both reactive and predictive modes
   of FMIPv6 are explained.

BR
Frank Xia

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop