Subject: [Mipshop] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:15:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers over IEEE 802.16e Networks
	Author(s)	: H. Jang, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 2007-9-4
	
This document describes how a Mobile IPv6 Fast Handover can be
   implemented on link layers conforming to the 802.16e suite of
   specifications.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop

---

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 17:12:28 -0500

Hi All

I would like to highlight the prefix management parts in the following WG documents:
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt

The second says "there can be several   ways of achieving this without
modification of [RFC4068]", while the first  says " This document does 
not specify how this Prefix is managed, it's length and assignment policies"

I would like to introduce again  our document to fill the gap.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mipshop/draft-xia-mipshop-fmip-ptp-01.txt

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-02.txt
5.3 Prefix Management 
"   As defined in Section 2, the Prefix part of ``AR-Info'' is the
    prefix valid on the interface to which the AP is attached.   This
    document does not specify how this Prefix is managed, it's length
    and assignment policies.   The protocol operation specified in this
    document works regardless of these considerations.   Often, but not
    necessarily always, this Prefix may be the aggregate prefix (such
    as /48) valid on the interface.   In some deployments, each MN may
    have its own per-mobile prefix (such as a /64) used for generating
    the NCoA. Some point-to-point links may use such a deployment."

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt
7,Consideration for the prefix management
"   In some networks with the point-to-point link, each mobile node is
   assigned a unique IPv6 prefix.  In such networks, it needs a way for
   the PAR to provide each MN with the prefix available on the target
   networks without the scalability problem.  But there can be several
   ways of achieving this without modification of [RFC4068].  For
   example, an NCoA can be enforced by the NAR via a HAck message with
   code 3 (Handover Accepted, NCoA assigned) which will be finally
   delivered to the MN in an FBack or via NAACK option.  Whatever used,
   the proposed scheme in this document does not depend on the deployed
   link model and address management scheme unless they violate the
   standard FMIPv6."

BR
Frank

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:15 PM
Subject: [Mipshop] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mipshop-fh80216e-03.txt

> implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------