Subject: [Mipshop] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:27:50 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05.txt has been successfuly submitted by Telemaco Melia and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps
Revision:	 05
Title:		 Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement
Creation_date:	 2007-11-12
WG ID:		 mipshop
Number_of_pages: 20

Abstract:
There are on-going activities in the networking community to develop
solutions that aid in IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous
wired and wireless access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE
802.21.  Intelligent access selection, taking into account link layer
attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
information types to the terminal from different sources within the
network and vice-versa.  The protocol requirements for this
signalling have both transport and security issues that must be
considered.  The signalling must not be constrained to specific link
types, so there is at least a common component to the signalling
problem which is within the scope of the IETF.  This draft presents a
problem statement for this core problem.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop