Subject: [Mipshop] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-04

From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:24:31 -0500

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-04.txt has been successfuly submitted by Hidetoshi Yokota and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh
Revision:	 04
Title:		 Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks
Creation_date:	 2007-11-14
WG ID:		 mipshop
Number_of_pages: 27

Abstract:
Mobile IPv6 is designed to maintain its connectivity while moving
from one network to another.  It is adopted in 3G CDMA networks as a
way to maintain connectivity when the mobile node moves between
access routers.  However, this handover procedure requires not only
movement detection by the MN, but also the acquisition of a new
care-of address and Mobile IPv6 registration with the new care-of
address before the traffic can be sent or received in the target
network.  During this period, packets destined for the mobile node
may be lost, which may not be acceptable for real-time application
such as Voice over IP (VoIP) or video telephony.  This document
specifies fast handover methods in the 3G CDMA networks in order to
reduce latency and packet loss during handover.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop