Subject: [Mipshop] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks
	Author(s)       : H. Yokota, G. Dommety
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-06.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2008-03-31

Mobile IPv6 is designed to maintain its connectivity while moving
from one network to another.  It is adopted in 3G CDMA networks as a
way to maintain connectivity when the mobile node moves between
access routers.  However, this handover procedure requires not only
movement detection by the MN, but also the acquisition of a new
care-of address and Mobile IPv6 registration with the new care-of
address before the traffic can be sent or received in the target
network.  During this period, packets destined for the mobile node
may be lost, which may not be acceptable for real-time application
such as Voice over IP (VoIP) or video telephony.  This document
specifies fast handover methods in the 3G CDMA networks in order to
reduce latency and packet loss during handover.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop