Subject: [Mipshop] RFC 5164 on Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:12:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5164

        Title:      Mobility Services Transport: Problem Statement 
        Author:     T. Melia, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33726
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-mis-ps-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5164.txt

There are ongoing activities in the networking community to develop
solutions that aid in IP handover mechanisms between heterogeneous
wired and wireless access systems including, but not limited to, IEEE
802.21.  Intelligent access selection, taking into account link-layer
attributes, requires the delivery of a variety of different
information types to the terminal from different sources within the
network and vice-versa.  The protocol requirements for this
signalling have both transport and security issues that must be
considered.  The signalling must not be constrained to specific link
types, so there is at least a common component to the signalling
problem, which is within the scope of the IETF.  This document presents a
problem statement for this core problem.  This memo provides information 
for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop