Subject: [Mipshop] Document Action: 'Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 05:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Mobile IPv6 Fast Handovers for 3G CDMA Networks '
   <draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, 
Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-3gfh-07.txt

Technical Summary
 
  Mobile IPv6 is designed to maintain its connectivity while moving
  from one network to another. It is adopted in 3G CDMA networks as a
  way to maintain connectivity when the mobile node moves between
  access routers. However, this handover procedure requires not only
  movement detection by the MN, but also the acquisition of a new
  care-of address and Mobile IPv6 registration with the new care-of
  address before the traffic can be sent or received in the target
  network. During this period, packets destined for the mobile node
  may be lost, which may not be acceptable for real-time application
  such as Voice over IP (VoIP) or video telephony. This document
  specifies fast handover methods in the 3G CDMA networks in order to
  reduce latency and packet loss during handover.

Working Group Summary

  This is a product of the MIPSHOP WG.

Document Quality

  Nothing is known about existing implementations or plans for
  implementation.

  Jari Arkko has reviewed this specification for the IESG.

Note to RFC Editor

  Please change this in Section 8

  OLD:
   New values for both registries can
   be allocated by Standards Action or IESG approval
  NEW:
   New values for both registries can
   be allocated by Standards Action or IESG approval [2434bis].

  and add a new normative reference to draft-narten-iana-considerations-
  2434bis.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop