Subject: [Mipshop] MPLS Tunnel Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: Frank Xia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:12:01 -0500

Hi folks

We just submitted a draft "MPLS Tunnel Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6"
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-xia-mipshop-mpls-tunnel-00.txt.

Comments are very welcome!

Abstract:

The Proxy Mobile IPv6 allows a mobile node's IPv4 and IPv6 traffic
between a Local Mobility Anchor(LMA) and a Mobile Access Gateway
(MAG) to be tunneled using IPv6, IPv4 or IPv4-UDP encapsulation
headers.  In this document, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS)
tunneling is proposed as an alternative tunnel technology which is
used between a MAG and a LMA.  MPLS is now become more and more
popular, and MPLS support is an important function for edge and core
routers.  Integrating MPLS and Proxy IP Mobility can leverage Proxy
IP Mobility deployment in the industry.

BR
Frank

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop