Subject: [Mipshop] NCoA, FMIPv6, and SEND

From: "James Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 14:41:33 -0700

I have a couple of questions after reading
draft-ietf-mipshop-fmipv6-rfc4068bis-07.txt.

(1) When SEND is used, how does a MN obtains NCoA while in the PAR link?
(2) Continue on the previous question, it seems making more sense to do
the following:

     (a) MN obtains NCoA using SEND after it is in the NAR link;
     (b) Packets from CN to PCoA will be tunneled from PAR to NAR
(instead of from PAR to NCoA) and NAR will use host-route entry for PCoA
to forward
          the tunneled packet (CN --> PCoA) to the MN after the MN is
attached to the NAR link.

Am I missing something??

Thanks,
-- James Huang
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop