Subject: [Mipshop] MC2R Special Issue on Cognitive Radio Technologies and Systems

From: Xin Liu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

ACM Mobile Computing and Communications Review (MC2R)

Special Issue on
Cognitive Radio Technologies and Systems

Motivated by the need for efficient spectrum utilization, facilitated by
regulatory policy movements, and enabled by advances in RF technologies,
there has been significant research towards developing cognitive radio
(CR) networks technologies. The purpose of this special issue is to
facilitate the exchange of cutting-edge research in cognitive radio
network technologies, including the exploration of networking and
communication protocols and algorithms needed to facilitate the
interconnection of CR platforms. Since CR research is taking place across
multiple communities, ranging from academic to government to industry,
from physical layer to networking to hardware researchers, we intend for
this special issue to serve as a forum for collaboration that will
accelerate the design, deployment, and eventual success of CR platforms.
This special issue invites submission of manuscripts on analytical
modeling, protocol/algorithm design, and/or experimental studies. Areas of
interest include but are not limited to: 

* Spectrum Sensing and Spectrum Management 
* Cognitive Radio Test-Beds and Hardware Prototypes 
* Enabling CR technologies such as Software Defined Radios, IEEE P1900,
and IEEE 802.22
* Protocol and Algorithms for the PHY, MAC, and Network layer
* Accreditation, Trust, & Security Mechanisms for Cognitive Radio Networks 
* QoS Support and Cross-Layer Protocol Design
* Cooperation and Game-Theoretical Protocols for Cognitive Radios 
* Practical Experience and Systems Implementations
* Applications of Cognitive Radios

Original, unpublished contributions and invited articles will be
considered for the issue. The papers should be formatted according to MC2R
guidelines (http://www.sigmobile.org/pubs/mc2r/guidelines/author.html).
Authors should submit their complete manuscript in PDF format via EDAS
(http://edas.info/) under the Cognitive Radio Track of MC2R according to
the following timetable:

Manuscript Submission Due: Nov. 1, 2008, 5pm PDT 
Acceptance Notification: Feb. 1, 2009 
Camera-Ready Paper Due: March 1, 2009 
Projected publication date: Apr., 2009

Guest Editors:

Carlos Cordeiro
Communication Technology Lab
Intel Corporation
[email-masked]

Xin Liu
Computer Science Department
University of California, Davis
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop