Subject: [Mipshop] Extended Deadline for IMSAA-2008: August 15, 2008

From: Ashutosh Dutta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:23:25 -0400

Dear Colleagues,

           Here is a relevant CFP. Please help distribute to your 
colleagues.

Regards
Ashutosh

***********************************************************************************************************************

We apologize for multiple receipts

Deadline Extension: 2nd International IEEE Conference on Internet
Multimedia Services Architecture and Application (IMSAA-2008), Dec
10th-12th, 2008, Bangalore, India.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL FOR PAPERS

The 2nd International IEEE Conference on Internet Multimedia Services
Architecture and Application (IMSAA-2008)
Bangalore, India
December, 10-12,  2008

http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2008/index.html

EXTENDED DEADLINE: AUGUST 15, 2008.

Co-Sponsored By
IEEE Bangalore Section and International Institute of Information
Technology-Bangalore (iiit-b)

************** Extended Paper Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2008
**************

The IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) is a timely attempt at defining a
uniform services control layer for next-generation telecommunication
networks, and is attracting increased interest from telecom providers
and carriers across the world. In particular, IMS is core to the vision
of converged services, and aims to provide multimedia services across a
variety of access networks, such as 3G, cable and 802.11 hotspots, with
appropriate charging and access control. IMS is also expected as the
vehicle for offering a variety of exciting new services, such as IPTV,
multimedia conferencing and multiplayer gaming, as well as a means to
enable seamless communication across enterprise and provider networks
through integration with other technologies (such as Web 2.0).

Link for Paper Uploading at EDAS: http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6534&
Accepted papers will be included in the IEEE Xplore database.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Topics of interest include but are NOT LIMITED to the following:

   *  Architectures and Runtimes for IMS Elements

        1. Application Server Architectures and Converged Containers
        2. Architectures for Rich and Scalable Presence
        3. Service Mediation and Billing Platforms

   * IMS Core Services

        1. Real-time Service Support: (voice, video calls, multimedia
conferencing, multiplayer gaming)
        2. Content/Context-aware services: (Location, presence, social
and community context)
        3. Service Creation Environments (IMS, SCIM, Service Delivery
Platforms, Integrated environments)

   * Device, Subscriber, Service and Network Management

        1. Provisioning and management (Handsets, PDA's, Set top Box,
Home Gateway)
        2. Subscriber and User Profile Management
        3. Managing the quality of the user experience (QoE, QoS)
        4. End to end Performance Measurement and modeling (signaling,
media,services)

   * Operator Network Planning

        1. Routing and Load Balancing
        2. Redundancy and Fault Tolerance
        3. MVNO Operations and Support

   * Novel IMS-based Applications

        1. Gaming and mixed-reality
        2. Environmental and Sensor Monitoring
        3. Multimedia Content Sharing
        4. Converged IN
        5. Converged Home Network
        6. IPTV over IMS

   * Security, Identity Management and Privacy

        1. Privacy and Security in Composite Applications
        2. Privacy in LBS
        3. IMS authentication

   * IMS mobility

        1. Heterogeneous Mobility
        2. Roaming issues
        3. Mobility performance

   * IMS and Alternative Technologies

        1. P2P and IMS (VoIP, Instant Messaging, Gaming)
        2. Integrating IMS and Web2.0 services (Mashups, Rich Internet
Applications)
        3. User-generated Services and Content
        4. IMS simplification
        5. Non-IMS support

   * Case Studies and Status of IMS deployment

        1. Interoperability Testing
        2. IMS Support in Vendor Products
        3. Benchmarking IMS Services and Applications

   * Testbeds and Software Tools

        1. Service Test and Validation Platforms
        2. Open Source Initiatives
        3. Benchmarking IMS Services and Applications

   * IMS Clients and Devices

        1. IMS-aware consumer devices
        2. Media/communication platforms

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Paper submission format: Papers must be submitted in IEEE format (.pdf
file). The EDAS website for paper registration and complete paper
submission is as follows:
http://edas.info/newPaper.php?c=6534&

Formating instruction:
Papers for review: Double-column, 10pt IEEE format and no longer than 6
pages
(including all figures and references).
Camera ready paper: It will be in double-column, IEEE format,10 pt font,
and no longer than 6 pages (including all figures and references).

Instruction for paper formatting can be found at:
http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2008/documents/A4.doc (Word)
http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2008/documents/IEEEtran.tar.gz (Latex)

Demo proposals should be sent via e-mail directly to Demo chairs: Sachin
Deshpande ([email-masked]) and Tilak Kesavapillai
([email-masked]), before 15th August, 2008 .
A Demo proposal should include the following information:

    a) Demo title
    b) Full contact information of the company putting up the demo
    c) Description of the Demo including objectives, content, and format
of the demo
    d) IMS Ring support detail (if any). Details of the IMS ring hosted
at IIITB can be given accordingly.
    e) UPS, WLAN, furniture requirements
    d) List of potential demonstrators
    f) A short brief on company information

More information at:-
http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2008/demo.html

Tutorial proposals should be submitted to Tutorial chair:- Jyotsna Bapat
([email-masked]).

* Papers must not substantially overlap with papers which are already
published or are simultaneously submitted to other journals or
conference with proceedings.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES

Extended deadline: 15th August, 2008 (EST, USA)
Last date for tutorial proposal submission: 15th August, 2008 (EST, USA)
Last date for demo proposal submission: 15th August 2008 (EST, USA)
Paper review notification: 25th Sept., 2008
Paper camera ready: 5th Oct. 2008

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFERENCE COMMITTEE

   *  Steering Committee Chairs
        1. Sowmyanarayanan Sadagopan (IIIT-Bangalore, India)
        2. Sammy Sana (Country President, Motorola, India)
        3. Madhukar V Pitke (Founder Director C-DoT, India)
   * General Chairs
        1. Vinod Vasudeban (Reliance Communication, India)
        2. Sandeep Mehta (Tata Communications, India)
        3. K.Ramakrishna (IEEE Bangalore Section Chair)
   * Organizing Committee
        1. Subir Saha (Motorola Research Lab, India)
   * Technical Program Committee
        1. Ashutosh Dutta (Telcordia Applied Research, USA)
        2. Tsunehiko Chiba (KDDI R&D Labs, Japan)
   * Publicity Chair
        1. Vishal K Singh (NEC Labs, USA)
        2. R. Muralidharan (Nayna Networks, India)
   * Publication Chair
        1. Aileen Cheng (Telcordia Applied Research, USA)
        2. Debabrata Das (IIIT-Bangalore, India )
   * Tutorial Chair
        1. Jyotsna Bapat (IIIT-Bangalore)
   * Demo Chair
        1. Sachin Deshpande (Sharp Labs, USA)
        2. Tilak Kesavapillai (Motorola, India)
   * Panel Discussion Chair
        1. Ajay RajKumar (Alcatel-Lucent, USA)
   * Local Activities Chair
        1. Sreeja M. (Open Call, Hewlett Packard, India)
   * Registration Chair
        1. Koushik Sinha (Honeywell, India)
   * Treasurer
        1. C. M. Abraham (International Institute of Information
Technology-Bangalore)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional details about the conference can be found at:
http://www.iiitb.ac.in/imsaa2008/index.html

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop