Subject: [Mipshop] Protocol Action: 'Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:41:04 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 Mobility Management '
   <draft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, 
Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis-05.txt

Technical Summary

   This document introduces extensions to Mobile IPv6 and IPv6 Neighbour
   Discovery to allow for local mobility handling.  Hierarchical
   mobility management for Mobile IPv6 is designed to reduce the amount
   of signalling between the Mobile Node, its Correspondent Nodes, and
   its Home Agent.  The Mobility Anchor Point (MAP) described in this
   document can also be used to improve the performance of Mobile IPv6
   in terms of handover speed.

Working Group Summary

   This came out of the MIPSHOP WG.

Document Quality

   There have been experimental implementations of RFC 4140,
   but no known commercial deployments exist. Some interop
   testing has been going on.

Personnel

   This specification was reviewed by Jari Arkko for the IESG.

RFC Editor Note

In Section 3.1, change:
OLD:
   through Neighbour Discovery [RFC 4861]the MAP option
NEW:
   through Neighbour Discovery [RFC 4861] and the MAP option

Please change this in 3.1:
OLD:
  The Home address used in the BU is the RCoA.
NEW:
  The Home address used in the BU is the RCoA, which the mobile
  node acquires via RFC 4877 [RFC4877] Section 9 mechanisms when
  it first contacts a given MAP.

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop