Subject: [Mipshop] RFC 5380 on Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 (HMIPv6) Mobility Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:04:50 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5380

        Title:      Hierarchical Mobile IPv6 (HMIPv6) Mobility 
                    Management 
        Author:     H. Soliman, C. Castelluccia,
                    K. ElMalki, L. Bellier
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 58330
        Obsoletes:  RFC4140

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-4140bis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5380.txt

This document introduces extensions to Mobile IPv6 and IPv6 Neighbour
Discovery to allow for local mobility handling.  Hierarchical
mobility management for Mobile IPv6 is designed to reduce the amount
of signalling between the mobile node, its correspondent nodes, and
its home agent.  The Mobility Anchor Point (MAP) described in this
document can also be used to improve the performance of Mobile IPv6
in terms of handover speed.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop