Subject: [Mipshop] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 08:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services Framework Design (MSFD)
	Author(s)       : T. Melia, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution-10.txt
	Pages           : 25
	Date            : 2009-01-13

This document describes a mobility services framework design (MSFD)
for the IEEE 802.21 Media Independent Handover (MIH) protocol that
addresses identified issues associated with the transport of MIH
messages.  The document also describes mechanisms for mobility
service (MoS) discovery and transport layer mechanisms for the
reliable delivery of MIH messages.

IESG Note

This document does not provide mechanisms for securing the
communication between a mobile node (MN) and the mobility service
(MoS).  Instead, it is assumed that either lower layer (e.g., link
layer) security mechanisms, or overall system-specific proprietary
security solutions, are used.  The details of such lower layer and/or
proprietary mechanisms are beyond the scope of this document.  The
IESG recommends against using this protocol without careful analysis
that these mechanisms meet the desired requirements, and encourages
future standardization work in this area.  The IEEE 802.21a Task
Group has recently started work on MIH security issues that may
provide some solution in this area.  For further information, please
refer to Section 8.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Mipshop mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mipshop