Subject: [Mipshop] Gateway Initiated Dual-stack lite Support

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:28:08 -0700 (PDT)

Please review and comment on this Gateway Initiated Dual-stack
lite appraoch.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt

We have a very simple IPv6 migration approach, requiring zero host
stack changes, leverages the mobility tunnels and decouples the
CGN function from the PDN GW. By using a UE specific softwire,
we are able to tie the mobility tunnel and the CGN tunnel.

This is a very simple and beautiful migration appraoch, applying DS
Lite to mobility architectures in a very clean way.

Read, digest and challenge by your comments !!!!!!

Abstract

      Dual-Stack lite has been proposed as a IPv4 to IPv6 transition
      technology.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to migrate his
      network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to the end
      customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
      between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite large scale
      NAT.  Several existing network architectures (e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or
      PPP based broadband networks) already specify dual-stack deployment
      and leverage tunneling technology between the access device and an
      access gateway in the provider network.  Applying the existing dual-
      stack lite concept to these networks will result in changes to the
      end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This draft describes
      a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where existing access
      tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the dual-stack lite
      large scale NAT using softwires.  This evolved approach applies to
      IPv4 as well as IPv6 networks.

Regards

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:08:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
       draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00

A new version of I-D, draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite-00.txt has 
been successfuly submitted by Sri Gundavelli and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-gundavelli-softwire-gateway-init-ds-lite
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Gateway Initiated Dual-Stack Lite Deployment
Creation_date:	 2009-10-13
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 21

Abstract:
Dual-Stack lite has been proposed as a IPv4 to IPv6 transition
technology.  Dual-stack lite allows a service provider to migrate his
network to IPv6, while still offering IPv4 services to the end
customer.  The dual-stack lite solution uses an IPv4 over IPv6 tunnel
between a host (or access device) and a dual-stack lite large scale
NAT.  Several existing network architectures (e.g. 3GPP, WiMAX, or
PPP based broadband networks) already specify dual-stack deployment
and leverage tunneling technology between the access device and an
access gateway in the provider network.  Applying the existing dual-
stack lite concept to these networks will result in changes to the
end-system and unnecessary tunneling overhead.  This draft describes
a modified implementation of dual-stack lite where existing access
tunnels are extended beyond the access gateway to the dual-stack lite
large scale NAT using softwires.  This evolved approach applies to
IPv4 as well as IPv6 networks.

The IETF Secretariat.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

_______________________________________________
netext mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext