Subject: [Mipshop] RFC 5678 on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) Options for IEEE 802.21 Mobility Services (MoS) Discovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 12:56:16 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5678

        Title:      Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv4 
                    and DHCPv6) Options for IEEE 802.21 
                    Mobility Services (MoS) Discovery 
        Author:     G. Bajko, S. Das
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30489
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mipshop-mos-dhcp-options-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5678.txt

This document defines new Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
(DHCPv4 and DHCPv6) options that contain a list of IP addresses and
a list of domain names that can be mapped to servers providing IEEE
802.21 type of Mobility Service (MoS) (see RFC 5677).  These Mobility
Services are used to assist a mobile node (MN) in handover
preparation (network discovery) and handover decision (network
selection).  The services addressed in this document are the Media
Independent Handover Services defined in IEEE 802.21.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute