Subject: [Mipshop] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-pfmipv6-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Fast Handovers for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : H. Yokota, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-pfmipv6-13.txt
	Pages           : 41
	Date            : 2010-04-11

Mobile IPv6 (MIPv6) [RFC3775] provides a mobile node with IP mobility
when it performs a handover from one MAG to another and fast
handovers for Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) [RFC5568] are specified to enhance
the handover performance in terms of latency and packet loss.  While
MIPv6 (and FMIPv6 as well) requires the participation of the mobile
node in the mobility-related signaling, Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6)
[RFC5213] provides IP mobility to mobile nodes that either have or do
not have MIPv6 functionality without such involvement.  Nevertheless,
the basic performance of PMIPv6 in terms of handover latency and
packet loss is considered not any different from that of MIPv6.

When the fast handover is considered in such an environment, several
modifications are needed to FMIPv6 to adapt to the network-based
mobility management.  This document specifies the usage of Fast
Mobile IPv6 (FMIPv6) when Proxy Mobile IPv6 is used as the mobility
management protocol.  Necessary extensions are specified for FMIPv6
to support the scenario when the mobile node does not have IP
mobility functionality and hence is not involved with either MIPv6 or
FMIPv6 operations.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-pfmipv6-13.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.