Subject: [Mipshop] I-D Action:draft-ietf-mipshop-transient-bce-pmipv6-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 08:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Mobility for IP: Performance, Signaling and Handoff Optimization Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transient Binding for Proxy Mobile IPv6
	Author(s)       : M. Liebsch, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-mipshop-transient-bce-pmipv6-06.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2010-07-26

This document specifies a mechanism which enhances Proxy Mobile IPv6
protocol signaling to support the creation of a transient binding
cache entry which is used to optimize the performance of dual radio
handover, as well as single radio handover.  This mechanism is
applicable to the mobile node's inter-MAG handover while using a
single interface or different interfaces.  The handover problem space
using the Proxy Mobile IPv6 base protocol is analyzed and the use of
transient binding cache entries at the local mobility anchor is
described.  The specified extension to the Proxy Mobile IPv6 protocol
ensures optimized forwarding of downlink as well as uplink packets
between mobile nodes and the network infrastructure and avoids
superfluous packet forwarding delay or even packet loss.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mipshop-transient-bce-pmipv6-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.