Subject: [Mipshop] ACM SenSys, BuildSys, ENSsys, SenseMine 2013 Call for Participation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 23:14:04 -0700

[** Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this email. **]

==================================================================
C A L L  F O R   P A R T I C I P A T I O N

**** ACM SenSys 2013 ****
Rome, Italy
November 11-14, 2013
http://sensys.acm.org/2013/

==================================================================

The 11th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 
2013) is a highly selective, single-track forum for the presentation 
of research results on systems issues in the area of embedded, 
networked sensors. SenSys provides a cross-disciplinary venue for 
researchers addressing the rich space of networked sensor system 
design issues to interact, present and exchange research results, and 
demonstrate their work in a hands-on research exhibition. We seek 
technical papers describing original, previously unpublished research 
results.

This year conference will be held on the campus of the University of
Rome "La Sapienza" and is highlighted by:

* A keynote address by Shahram Izadi of Microsoft Research on the use
  of sensing in the next generation of user interfaces.

* A main technical program of 21 peer-reviewed papers on topics such
  as crowdsourced sensing, energy efficiency, mobile-phone sensing,
  and wireless communication.

* Three workshops (BuildSys, ENSSys, and SenseMine) focusing on
  works on emerging topics in the SenSys research community.

* A Doctoral Colloquium for PhD students to present and receive
  feedback on in-progress research.

For registration information see: http://sensys.acm.org/2013/reg.html

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

BuildSys 2013
5th ACM Workshop On Embedded Systems For Energy-Efficiency In Buildings
November 13-14, 2013 Rome, Italy | co-located with ACM SenSys 2013
http://www.buildsys.org/2013/

The 5th ACM Workshop On Embedded Systems For Energy-Efficiency In 
Buildings (BuildSys 2013) is a selective, single-track forum for the 
presentation of research results on systems issues in the area of 
embedded, networked sensors systems for energy-efficiency in 
buildings. BuildSys provides a cross-disciplinary venue for computer 
scientist, behavioral scientist and building science researchers 
addressing the rich space of networked sensor system design issues to 
interact, present and exchange research results, and demonstrate 
their work in a hands-on research exhibition. We seek technical 
papers describing original, previously unpublished research results.

The workshop is co-located with SenSys 2013 and it will be held on 
the campus of the University of Rome "La Sapienza" and is 
highlighted by:

* An expanded 1.5 days workshop due to the increased demand and high
  quality submissions.

* A keynote address by Tariq Samad of Honeywell Automation and 
  Control Solutions on the automation and control solutions for 
  energy-efficient buildings.

* A main technical program of 22 peer-reviewed papers on topics such
  as crowdsourced sensing and actuation, building energy efficiency, 
  user comfort and control, demand-response, building operating 
  systems, water usage sensing and control, and wireless 
  communication among others.

* A demo and poster session, including 1-minute madness oral 
  presentation of the work to be presented in the demo and poster 
  sessions.

General Chair:

Karl Henrik Johansson, KTH, Sweden

Steering Committee:

Mario Berges, CMU, USA (Chair)
Alberto Cerpa, University of California Merced, USA
David Culler, University of Berkeley, USA
Rajesh K. Gupta ,UC San Diego, USA
Antonio Ruzzelli, University College Dublin, Ireland
Mani Srivastava, UCLA, USA
Kamin Whitehouse, University of Virginia, USA

Technical Program Co-Chairs:

Michael R Brambley, Pacific Northwest National Lab., USA
Prashant Shenoy, U. of Massachusetts Amherst, USA

Demo Co-Chairs:

Anthony Rowe, CMU, USA
Ting Zhu, Binghamton University, USA

Technical Program Committee:

Alan Marchiori, United Technologies and Bucknell Univ, USA
Alberto Cerpa, UC Merced, USA
Amarjeet Singh, IIIT Delhi, India
Anirban Mahanti, NICTA, Australia
Burcu Akinci, CMU, USA
Dane Christensen, National Renewable Energy Labs, USA
David Holmberg, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
David Irwin, UMass, USA
Deva P. Seetharam, IBM Research India
Dirk Pesch, Cork Institute of Technology, Ireland
Fred Jiang, Intel China
Iman Shames, U. Melbourne, Australia
Ines Azevedo, CMU, USA
James Braun, Purdue University, USA
John House, Johnson Controls, USA
Kin Cheong Sou, Chalmers Institute of Technology, Sweden
Krithi Ramamritham, IIT Bombay, India
Mani Srivastava, UCLA, USA
Manish Marwah, HP Labs, USA
Nilanjan Banerjee, Univ. of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
Nuno Nunes, U. of Madeira, Portugal
Philippe Bonnet, IT Univ. of Copenhagen, Denmark
Prabir Barooah, Univ. of Florida, USA
Rahul Mangharam, U. Penn, USA
Ram Narayanamurthy, EPRI USA
Ram Rajagopal, Stanford, USA
Roy Smith, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
S. Keshav, U. Waterloo, Canada
Sambit Sahu, IBM Research, USA
Steven Lanzisera, Lawrence Berkeley Labs, USA
Teja Kuruganti, Oakridge National Labs, USA
William Healy, National Institute of Standards and Technology, USA
Zico Kolter, CMU, USA

Publicity Chair:

Nuno Pereira, CISTER/INESC TEC, ISEP, Portugal

Web Chair:

Jose Araujo, KTH, Sweden
Navin Sharma, U. of Massachusetts Amherst, USA

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1st International Workshop on Energy-Neutral Sensing Systems 
(ENSsys 2013)
 
The 1st international workshop on Energy-Neutral Sensing Systems 
(ENSsys) is being organised in conjunction with SenSys 2013, widely 
regarded as one of the most prestigious conferences on sensor network 
research. The one-day workshop will take place on 14 November in 
Rome, Italy. ENSSys will bring together researchers to systematically 
explore the challenges, issues and opportunities in the research, 
design, and engineering of energy-harvesting and energy-neutral 
sensing systems. These are a technological cornerstone for future 
applications in smart energy, future transportation, environmental 
monitoring and smart cities. Innovative solutions in on-board 
hardware for energy scavenging, energy adaptive algorithms, and power 
management policies are the ultimate frontiers, opening the door to 
unlimited and uninterrupted operation.
 
**Workshop General Co-Chairs**
Davide Brunelli, University of Trento, Italy
Geoff Merrett, University of Southampton, UK
 
**Technical Programme Committee**
Pai Chou, Uni. California, Irvine, USA
Emanuael Popovici, Uni. Cork, Ireland
Christian Renner, Uni. LÃ¼beck, Germany
Paul Wright, UC Berkeley, USA
Yogesh Ramadass, Texas Instruments, USA
Paul Mitcheson, Imperial College London, UK
Aravind Kailas, Uni. NC Charlotte, USA
Alex Weddell, Uni. Southampton, UK
Vana Jelicic, University of Zagreb, Croatia
Jacopo Iannacci, Fondazione Bruno Kessler - FBK, Italy
James Brusey, Coventry University, UK
 
Further information can be found on the workshop's website: 
http://www.enssys.org/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SenseMine 2013
First International Workshop on Sensing and Big Data Mining
in conjunction with SenSys 2013
November 14, 2013
Rome, Italy

The numbers and modalities of digital information sources being 
captured to monitor our traffic, weather, power, personal context, 
goods, factories, utilities, ports, health, IT infrastructure, and 
social networks, is continuing to grow at an incredible rate. 
Commercial, government organizations, and individuals depend on the 
ability to automatically mine data from different types of sensor 
platforms (from large sensor networks to an individual's smartphone) 
in order to monitor, alert, learn from, and in some cases affect and 
control our surroundings.

The research involved in developing applications for these classes of 
problems lies at the intersection of several diverse disciplines, 
including sensing systems, signal processing, machine learning and 
data mining, data management, and large-scale distributed systems - 
for both online as well as offline analysis. In this workshop, 
colocated with AMC SenSys 2013, we will include state-of-the-art 
approaches and technical solutions in the area of extracting 
knowledge, by mining data from sensor networks in large-scale 
settings. The goal of the workshop is to establish a new research 
community and a venue for researchers, practitioners, and academics 
to present their results in these disciplines. We expect this 
workshop to be a long-term, continued venue for this research 
community, and to also lead to the setup of appropriate special 
issues and journals.

Technical Program Committee Chairs:

Emiliano Miluzzo, AT&T Labs Research
Deepak S. Turaga, IBM Research

Technical Program Committee (Preliminary):

Deborah Estrin (Cornell)
Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth College)
Yanyong Zhang (Rutgers University)
Marco Conti (CNR Italy)
Immanuel Schweizer (Technische Universitat Darmstadt)
Jing Gao (SUNY Buffalo)
Wei Fan (Huawei)
Tarek Abdelzahar (UIUC)
Charu Aggarwal (IBM Research)

Further Details:
http://www2.research.att.com/sensemine2013/index.html
=======================================================================