Subject: [Mipshop] [CFP] [5 days Remained] EAI GOODTECHS 2019 - Valencia, Spain, 25/09 - 27/09

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 17:39:19 +0200

********************************************************************
*
*                          Call for Papers
*
*                            GoodTechs 2019
*
*                5th EAI International Conference on
*	   Smart Objects and Technologies for Social Good
*
*			September 25-27, 2019
*
*              	  Submissions due: April 10, 2019 [extended]
*
********************************************************************

SCOPE
======

By social good we refer to a “good” or a service that benefits the  
largest number of people in the largest possible way. Some classic  
examples of social goods are, of course, healthcare, safety,  
environment, democracy, and human rights, but we can add to this  
classic list even communication, art, entertainment and much more.

In this context, the popularity of portable computing devices, like  
smartphones, tablets, or smart watches combined with the emergence of  
many other small smart objects with computational, sensing and  
communication capabilities coupled with the popularity of social  
networks and new human-technology interaction paradigms is creating  
unprecedented opportunities for each of us to do something useful,  
ranging from a single person to the whole world. Furthermore, Internet  
of Things, Smart-cities, distributed sensing and Fog computing are  
representative examples of modern ICT paradigms that aim to describe a  
dynamic and globally cooperative infrastructure built upon objects’  
intelligence and self-configuring capabilities. These connected  
objects are finding their way into our pockets, vehicles, urban areas  
and infrastructure, thus becoming the very texture of our society and  
providing us the possibility, but also the responsibility, to shape it.

In GOODTECHS we are hence interested in experiences with the design,  
implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects  
and technologies for social good. Clearly, we are not considering only  
the so called first world as the scenario for this evolution; we also  
refer to those areas where ICT is currently less widespread, hoping  
that it may represent a societal development opportunity rather than a  
source for further divide.

Topics
Authors are solicited to submit original, previously unpublished  
papers in the following, but not limited to topic areas:

- App concepts and technologies for different mobile platforms
- Blockchain for social good
- Communication between mobile devices
- Content Distribution
- E-learning solutions
- Data collection, organization and dissemination methods
- Delay-tolerant aerial networks and ferrying approaches
- Deployment and field-testing
- Digital tools for art and feelings
- Environment sensing, monitoring and preservation
- Experimental results of communication testbeds
- Game, entertainment, and multimedia applications
- Health and social care
- Human-object interaction
- ICT for development
- Mobile service architectures and frameworks
- Mobility and handover management
- New application scenarios for vehicular communications
- Pervasive and ubiquitous services in cloud and IoT
- Platforms and frameworks for mobile devices
- Privacy issues and solutions
- Protocol design, testing and verification
- Security issues, architectures and solutions
- Smart cities and transportation
- Smart economy solutions: e-banking, e-business
- Smart governance and e-administration
- Smart living and E-health
- Technology addressing the digital divide

SPECIAL SESSIONS
================

In addition to the main conference, GOODTECHS19 features special  
sessions, aimed to emphasize emerging topics not fully or not  
specifically covered in the main conference. Special sessions  
highlight current topics related to experiences with the design,  
implementation, deployment, operation and evaluation of smart objects  
and technologies for social good.

Presentations delivered during the events should be based on original  
papers, selected through a peer-review process and that have not been  
previously published. Accepted papers will be included in the  
Conference Proceedings.

For more information please refer to the main conference website:
http://goodtechs.eu

PUBLICATION
===========

All registered papers will be published by ACM and made available  
through ACM Digital Library.

Papers should be in English.
Regular papers should be up to 6 pages in length.
Short papers should be up to 4 pages in length.
Previously published work may not be submitted, nor may the work be  
concurrently submitted to any other conference or journal. Such papers  
will be rejected without review.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing  
services, Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google  
Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).

Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited  
to submit an extended version to:

- Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.497)
- Wiley Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience Journal  
(IF: 1.114)

All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a  
fast track of:

- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Serious Games

SUBMISSION
==========

Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy‘ system  
(http://confy.eai.eu/52608), and have to comply with the ACM format  
(see Author’s kit section).

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Full Paper Submission deadline: April 10, 2019
Notification deadline: June 1, 2019
Camera-ready deadline: July 1, 2019
Start of Conference: September 25, 2019
End of Conference: September 27, 2019

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy

-- 
Giacomo Quadrio
Ph.D student
University of Padua
Department of Mathematics
Via Trieste, 63 - Office 731
35121, Padua, Italy