Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 02:32:40 -0500 (EST)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+6/-0/💬5)
  6 issues created:
  - Use masking instead of AES-GCM for sender data (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/302 [enhancement] [security] 
  - Targeted message (by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/301 [discussion] [functionality] [privacy] 
  - Order in which proposals should be applied is a little bit vague (by ericcornelissen)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/300 
  - Allow indirection of credentials (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/299 [enhancement] [performance] 
  - Varints (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/298 
  - Restart (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/297 [enhancement] [question] 

  2 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #301 Targeted message (4 by burdges, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/301 [discussion] [functionality] [privacy] 
  - #272 Redundant information in MLSPlaintextCommitContent (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/272 [discussion] [performance] 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+3/-5/💬20)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Use HKDF to derive key pairs (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/304 
  - Add some per-message entropy (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/303 
  - Flesh out the extensions story (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/296 

  5 pull requests received 20 new comments:
  - #303 Add some per-message entropy (13 by Bren2010, beurdouche, bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/303 
  - #296 Flesh out the extensions story (1 by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/296 
  - #294 Re-define direct path to not include the leaf. (2 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/294 [today! (?)] 
  - #287 Switch to signing strategy using one signature per leaf. (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/287 [discussion] [enhancement] [performance] [security] [today! (?)] 
  - #285 Get rid of ignored proposals. (3 by Bren2010, bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/285 [security] [today! (?)] 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Use path secret instead of full DirectPath
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/295 [today! (?)] 
  - Re-define direct path to not include the leaf.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/294 [today! (?)] 
  - Switch to signing strategy using one signature per leaf.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/287 [discussion] [enhancement] [performance] [ready to merge] [security] 
  - Editorial: Unclear that Commits always include an Update/refreshes the CIK for the committer.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/286 [editorial] [today! (?)] 
  - Get rid of ignored proposals.
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/285 [security] [today! (?)] 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation