Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 23:46:07 -0800 (PST)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+1/-3/💬15)
  1 issues created:
  - Conflicting proposal / commit behavior (by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/542 

  5 issues received 15 new comments:
  - #542 Conflicting proposal / commit behavior (4 by bifurcation, kkohbrok, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/542 
  - #540 Proposals by reference in external commit (2 by bifurcation, kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/540 
  - #539 Separation between pre-published key packages and leaf node content (5 by TWal, bifurcation, kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/539 
  - #537 Clarity around extensions and `RequiredCapabilities` (3 by bifurcation, kkohbrok, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/537 
  - #502 Consolidate resumption PSK definitions (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/502 

  3 issues closed:
  - Consolidate resumption PSK definitions https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/502 
  - Require uniqueness of RatchetTreeExtensions in GroupInfo https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/530 
  - Improve padding description  https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/534 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+5/-5/💬9)
  5 pull requests submitted:
  - Domain separation for KeyPackage and Proposal references (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/547 
  - Downgrade MUST to SHOULD for commit senders including all valid commits (by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/546 
  - Add missing word (by stefunctional)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/545 
  - Remove version from ciphersuites (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/544 
  - Be consistent about version labeling (by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/543 

  6 pull requests received 9 new comments:
  - #546 Downgrade MUST to SHOULD for commit senders including all valid commits (3 by bifurcation, raphaelrobert, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/546 
  - #544 Remove version from ciphersuites (2 by bifurcation, seanturner)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/544 
  - #543 Be consistent about version labeling (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/543 
  - #527 Stronger parent hashes for authenticated identities (1 by TWal)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/527 
  - #524 Careful truncation (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/524 
  - #509 Be explicit that Credentials can attest to multiple identities (1 by bifurcation)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/509 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Careful truncation
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/524 
  - Add missing word
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/545 
  - Refactor Group Joining and fix External Inits
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/529 
  - Require extensions to be unique in any given extensions vector
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/535 
  - Reword padding section to reflect updated padding structure
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/536 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation