Subject: [MLS] Weekly github digest (MLS Working Group summary)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 23:45:59 -0800 (PST)

Issues
------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+4/-0/💬13)
  4 issues created:
  - Proposals by reference in external commit (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/540 
  - Separation between pre-published key packages and leaf node content (by TWal)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/539 
  - KeyPackage lifetime handling (by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/538 
  - Clarity around extensions and `RequiredCapabilities` (by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/537 

  4 issues received 13 new comments:
  - #539 Separation between pre-published key packages and leaf node content (7 by TWal, kkohbrok, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/539 
  - #538 KeyPackage lifetime handling (4 by kkohbrok, tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/538 
  - #534 Improve padding description  (1 by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/534 
  - #530 Require uniqueness of RatchetTreeExtensions in GroupInfo (1 by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/issues/530 

Pull requests
-------------
* mlswg/mls-protocol (+3/-0/💬12)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Make some sections easier to read. (by Bren2010)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/541 
  - Reword padding section to reflect updated padding structure (by tomleavy)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/536 
  - Require extensions to be unique in any given extensions vector (by kkohbrok)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/535 

  5 pull requests received 12 new comments:
  - #532 Get rid of explicit protocol version fields (2 by kkohbrok, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/532 
  - #529 Refactor Group Joining and fix External Inits (2 by kkohbrok, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/529 
  - #527 Stronger parent hashes for authenticated identities (4 by TWal, kkohbrok, raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/527 
  - #524 Careful truncation (1 by raphaelrobert)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/524 
  - #523 Move `wire_format` to a separate tagged-union structure MLSMessage (3 by TWal, kkohbrok, rohan-wire)
    https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol/pull/523 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-architecture
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-protocol
* https://github.com/mlswg/mls-federation