Subject: Re: [mmox] In-world simul-cast of BOF?

From: "Infinity Linden (Meadhbh S. Hamrick)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:48:53 -0800

Hey Sai... this is a very good point and one I'm glad someone else is thinking about too. I don't believe the IEFT publishes guidelines for broadcasting into virtual worlds, but they have simulcast some meetings via internet broadcast, so there are probably some guidelines we could "borrow". We're probably a bit of time away from full participation in virtual wolds. I can imagine there's a debate that could happen related to anonymity and reputation. Besides, we may want to design the OGP Humm Sub-Protocol.

So lemme ask around and see what we can do.

-Cheers
-Infinity

Lawson English <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Seems to me that it would be a great thing (especially for those of us 
>who can't make it) if the mmox BOF was held or at least broadcast 
>in-world, live. This would be symbolic AND allow those of us who can't 
>be there to at least know what is going on, even if the IETF rules 
>wouldn't allow us to participate fully.
>
>Which brings up another point: what ARE the IETF rules concerning remote 
>participation via VR? I'm guessing they don't exist as yet. Should that 
>be something that is worked out before the meeting? Can people who are 
>unable to make the meetig get some kind of recognized status at the 
>meeting? Even peanut gallery chatter ala Metanomics or Science Friday 
>would be a good start.
>
>
>Lawson
>
>