Subject: Re: [mmox] Introductions

From: Cenji Neutra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:53:58 -0500

Hello peoples.  Quick intro:
I'm David Jung (aka Cenji Neutra inSL).  I've been the director of
Apez Corp (apez.biz) for the last few years and am interested in all
things VW.  While a seasoned software engineer, I'm still waiting for
the day when I can just write code *all* day :)  In the past I worked
at one of the big US government labs (Oak Ridge National Lab) as a
research scientist on a variety of things over the years including
AI/robotics/neuroscience, bioinformatics and supercomputing - all
involving software in one way or another.  Long term goal: immortality
via upload (for L$10 of course) ;)

---

From: Suzy Deffeyes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 07:43:39 -0600

Hello,

I'm  Suzy Deffeyes, software engineer at IBM working on various Virtual
World technologies. I've been working on Virtual Worlds as my day job for
the last 18 months.   I did the OGP viewer teleport code last summer. My
background is in OpenGL development.

Standards wise, I am currently in the COLLADA working group and also IBM's
board member for the Khronos standards group. Additionally I have
participated in the OpenGL ARB in the deep dark past.

RL: Suzy Deffeyes
SL: Pixel Gausman
Twitter: http://twitter.com/pixelq

---

From: Jesrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:45:46 +0100

Hello everyone,

I'm Jesrad Seraph and have been in Second Life since the first useable
Mac viewer got out somewhere by the end of 2004. RL I'm a Network and
Systems engineer with several years of experience in QA and high-level
technical support, so I'm not a true programmer and try to focus on
the higher level of how things work. I've participated sporadically in
AWG meetings and tried to push several general redesign ideas for
easing grid interconnectivity (through radical decentralization of
simulator operation) and improving scalability. I also have original
(=bizarre) ideas for IP issues and have been experimenting with a
promising alternative rights-model to copyright.

---

From: Kajikawa Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:44:08 +0900

Hello,

I'm Jeremy Kajikawa (Formerly: Jeremy Sutherland,  name changed by
Marriage),
  Im an Independent System Engineer/Network Engineer/Software Engineer
  currently needing employment and now living in Japan,
  since 2003 unofficially and from 2008 officially a "General Guru" with
  "SourceMage Gnu/Linux".

I have been tracking the SecondLife Clients and variations along with
OpenSIM server
  and have also recently started a cloud services implimentation that is
to remain seperate
  from being bound to any particular grid (a general AD U G A I M
setup).

Ive already got hosting and the access of APIs made available and am
currently more ahead
  with getting the site functionality built than anything of the "look"
and feel completed.

My background is 10 years of programming with AmigaOS privately, along with further learning
  into the Windows and Linux operating systems in addition to a lot of private schooling.

as for work,  mostly OEM system building bare machines and installing user-purchased software.
  Ive never had aspirations to be the next bill gates or anyone like that (I dont have the instincts for it)

Ive not had a stable day job due to apparently being too trusting,  Im not with any current bodies
 or institutions and have for the most part and dont expect anything.

Its nice to meet everyone and hopefully get something viable produced so I can say I did more than
  just pay the bills now that Im newly married (as of Feb 2nd this year) and have already lost my first son,
  (He died 3 hours after being born after 21 weeks of pregnancy).

Thanks for your time,
Real: Jeremy
Inet: Belxjander
SecondLife/OpenSIM/etc all...: "Freija Yoshikawa"