Subject: [mmox] List moderator and participation info

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:29:20 -0800

Hi all,

I'm the sponsoring AD for this list and for the MMOX BOF meeting.  I've
asked Barry Leiba ([email-masked]) to moderate this list: although
we don't have a WG and thus no WG chair, Barry can help people keep on topic
and back off from inappropriately heated debate.

What's "On topic"?  That is decided by the moderator since this is not a WG
yet.  If you don't like the definition of what's on topic, start your own
mailing list and define your own topic.  That said, somewhat off-topic
conversations are extremely likely to be tolerated as long as they're
polite, unrepetitive, and don't overwhelm the main topics (currently BOF
preparation, ID submission and charter proposals).

A quick note on participation: individuals participate in the IETF, not
companies.  We have no official differentiation between somebody who works
for a company that may or may not benefit from standardization or
interoperability, somebody who is representing another organization, and
somebody who is acting as a private individual entirely.  We have no
problems with observers, on list or off.

Lisa