Subject: Re: [mmox] mmox Digest, Vol 1, Issue 113

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 17:43:22 GMT

>2 - My current favourite author makes a living through creative
commons licensed sci-fi novels, so yes - you can make a living without
a copyright monopoly, but that brings me back to point 1

Anecdotes and urban legends have no place in a scientific project.

There is no peer-reviewed scientific study proving that using the CC regime or offering everything full perms everywhere helps you make a living if you are not already subsidized by the state or private sector.

____________________________________________________________
Get the word out. Click here for professional brochure production!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTMQB83rtK9qCxy3deU5HJVBw4Zb4ShApzHbIu54U497WrtC2P53Xq/

---

From: Dan Olivares <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:04:29 -0500

Gareth,

Can you post relevant links and the author's name and book title to
demonstrate (to Prokofy) that there is at least one case where someone
had made a living based on a Creative Commons License?   When making
claims, it's important to reference the evidence so that other people
cannot refute it without making logical fallacies that can be pointed
out.

Best Regards

Dan

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM, [email-masked]
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox
>

---

From: Gareth Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:41:48 +0000

Sure, Cory Doctrow
His site is craphound.com and you can get all his work there for free
online or order a printed copy.