Subject: [mmox] Work Items and Planning Documents for the MMOX BoF session (LLSD Draft)

From: "Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:01:12 -0800

Fortunately our work is not exclusively administrative.. we are also  
planning on discussing the draft of the Linden Lab Structured Data  
(LLSD).

LLSD is an abstract type system with serializations in common forms  
(XML, JSON). The objective of LLSD is two-fold. First, it defines the  
behavior of idealized typed entities so we may discuss objects and  
data in protocol flow without having to re-define the general  
semantics in each usage. In other words, we will be proposing future  
standards that involve "application layer" objects. We would like  
these object to be typed, and rather than redefining the semantics of  
what it means to be an integer (or a real, or a URL) in every  
document, we define them in one place in an unambiguous manner. LLSD  
also defines serialization formats for these typed application layer  
objects. This is important as future protocol work should focus on the  
semantics of the application layer, not details of the presentation.  
Defining multiple serializations allows those clients which prefer to  
consume XML to consume XML and those who wish to consume JSON to  
consume JSON. By defining application layer objects using the abstract  
type system and then defining serializations for both XML and JSON, we  
do not need to define the XML DTD or JSON schema for each application  
layer protocol message. Finally... LLSD also defines an interface  
description language for describing RESTful accesses to resources.

The current draft is available at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamrick-llsd-00 
  .

Please note that a number of other resources exist describing LLSD,  
including the wiki page at wiki.secondlife.com at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LLSD 
  and the LLSD/LLIDL portion of OGP at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/OGP_LLSD_Draft_3 
  . Please note that these references are NOT normative. That is...  
the support the definition of LLSD in the draft mentioned above, but  
in places where they differ, the draft-hamrick-llsd-00 document is  
considered authoritative. (i.e. - LLSD as defined by the IETF process  
will be considered canonical.)

-Sincerely,
-Meadhbh Hamrick

---

From: Lawson English <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 13:56:46 -0700

Hey Infinity, I'm getting your messages but not my own. I set the 
response to the server after I registered and then seent seeral test 
messages...

Hrrrrm....

Lawson (Saijanai)

---

From: "Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 13:46:38 -0800

ack. lemme double-check the list is configured for no moderation.

fwiw... i did see one test message come through... the "Yet Another  
Test Message".

-cheers
-m/∞

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:56:48 -0500

If you are the moderator go to

http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/admin/mmox

and see what messages you have.

Regards
Marshall

On Feb 5, 2009, at 4:46 PM, Meadhbh Hamrick (Infinity) wrote:

>> response to the server after I registered and then seent seeral  
>> test messages...
>>
>>
>>
>> Hrrrrm....
>>
>>
>> Lawson (Saijanai)
>>
>
> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox