Subject: [mmox] Saying correct things does not exempt from saying them in a correct way

From: Catherine Pfeffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:02:31 +0100

Prokofy Neva wrote;
> There should be authentic diversity and choice, and not a forced march to
technocommunism.
> Copyleftism and collectivism are only one ideology for the Internet, and
can't be the only one.

I deeply dislike the false association between copyleft and communism. What
a bad troll.

> Virtual worlds need to be sustained by commerce, and commerce is sustained
by property rights.

Well, gaming virtual worlds (for example) are not sustained by commerce and
they still make a living.

In the reverse direction, Open Source too is sustained by intellectual
property. See how much we care about licences.

For the rest, I agree with what you say. There is more than one world view,
and we should not let business models get into a standard. Proprietary, Open
Source, Creative Commons, Shareware, Freeware, there's room for everyone and
these approaches can coexist in parallel.

Could we just avoid starting useless polemics?

-- 
Cathy