Subject: [mmox] Urgent - BOF meeting connectivity

From: Latha Serevi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:21:55 -0700

The BOF meeting is Tuesday March 24 at 15:20 PDT (22:20 UTC).
   http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/74/mmox.html

It is important for the success of this meeting that the community
not-in-the-room is able to hear and be heard.   To me, that will
mean, at minimum, audio out and Jabber in. 

What are the details for the audio (and preferably video) stream?

Has someone who will be physically in-the-room volunteered as
the Jabber relay person?  It'll be a distracting and big job, and
not one that the chairpersons could possibly do.

Today's the best day for us to get all this clear.  I hope the chairs
of the BOF have been able to delegate these important tasks! 

Thanks
Latha Serevi
(I'll be there on Jabber)

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 13:03:07 -0400

The MP3 streams should be available - see below.

Marshall

> What are the details for the audio (and preferably video) stream?

http://www.nabble.com/Audio-Streams-for-IETF-74-in-San-Francisco-td22641273.html

There will be MP3 audio streams of the meetings happening in the
breakout rooms.  Specifically these are

Continental 1&2
Continental 3
Continental 4
Continental 5
Continental 6
Imperial A
Imperial B
Franciscan A

Please refer to the online agenda at http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/74/
to find a link to the stream for each session.

If there are concerns about the audio streams, there are a few ways to
get our attention.  Via email either audio@..., or noc@...
.  Via XMPP at noc@....

Morgan Sackett
VP of Engineering

VeriLAN Event Services, Inc.
215 SE Morrison Street
Portland, OR 97214

> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox

---

From: Jon Watte <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:21:55 -0700

It looks like the MMOX session in Continental 1&2 (Tuesday 15:20) 
doesn't have an m3u icon, although all the other sessions do.
Well, actually no session in Continental 1&2 does -- do we have pessimal 
luck and there won't be audio for this particular BoF?

Sincerely,

jw

---

From: Latha Serevi <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:32:51 -0700

Our Continental 1&2 audio stream exists now, and is up.  Yay!

Here's this morning's progress.  It's a relief that we have today's
other IETF meetings to use as guinea pigs.

I'm using  http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf74.m3u
to click through to all the audio streams.  Sometimes they go down
for a few minutes.

The text chat for our meeting will be happening on Jabber, at 
[email-masked] .

Another useful Jabber channel is [email-masked] -- I'll stay logged 
in to that one
so I can ask the techs to fix the audio stream if it goes down.

So far, so good, for me -- the remaining critical element is a person in 
the room
willing to relay questions from Jabber chat.

Cheers
Latha Serevi