Subject: [mmox] BOF meeting today at 15:20 PDT; here's the remote access info

From: Latha Serevi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 11:36:58 -0700

I've collected  all the info I know about how to remotely access
the MMOX BOF meeting.  Here it is.

The BOF meeting happens today, Tuesday March 24 at 15:20 PDT (22:20 UTC),
as part of IETF 74 in San Francisco.  Here's the agenda.
  http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/74/mmox.html

The IETF provides audio streaming and a Jabber chat room.
I'm using http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf74.m3u
as an index page (playlist) to access all of the IETF audio streams --
just choose the "Continental 1&2" sub-channel for our meeting. 
The direct link to our room's sub-channel, in case the above URL
doesn't agree with your setup, is 
http://feed.verilan.com:8000/continental_1-2
and is an Icecast stream, 44100Hz, 2ch, 64kbps MP3.  It has been
known to die and be restarted, so if your audio dies, you may have to
try to re-connect multiple times until you get it back.

The text chat for our meeting will be happening on Jabber,  mmox @ 
jabber.ietf.org .
There will be someone to relay questions from Jabber to the room, but we 
don't know
who's going to be drafted yet.  Jabber client setup is beyond the scope 
of this note,
but I had an easy time with the SamePlace plugin for Firefox and a 
Google Talk account.

PDF slides for each of the talks on the MMOX agenda are in the MMOX 
section of
     https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/74/materials.html
and may be updated throughout the day.

The above audio, text chat, and slides, are the way I plan to attend the 
BOF.

Also, if you're looking for a place to park your avatar during the meeting,
meeting rooms are being set up in Second Life, OSGrid, and Reaction Grid,
by the avatar I know in  SL as Patnad Babii.  His signup URL for those 
rooms is
http://rezzme.com/mmoxregister.aspx , and he's trying to bring as much 
of all this
in-world as he can manage.

A bit of info I only learned today:  David Levine / Zha Ewry gave an
overview of MMOX and OGP at the "apparea" session yesterday, and his slides
are at http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/09mar/slides/apparea-9.pdf .

And finally, two links to the background info we probably all have already.
The agenda at http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/74/mmox.html has a pointer to 
each
of the drafts that we should have read, and Morgaine's unofficial link 
collection
is at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/MMOX .

Jeez, I'd better go make sure I've read all those drafts and have 
decided what
I think about them and what comments I'd like to make via Jabber.

See you (virtually) at the meeting!
Latha Serevi

---

From: Lawson English <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 12:20:33 -0700

>  http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/74/mmox.html

Also, Patnad is trying to set up everything: audio, slideshow, 
interworld chat bridge (jabber chatbridge if he can manage):

 you can attend the IETF MMOX  BoF meeting inwolrd at: 
http://slurl.com/secondlife/RezzMe/56/219/1996 you need to register 
first: http://www.rezzme.com/mmoxregister.aspx