Subject: [mmox] Extropian entities

From: William George <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:52:43 -0400

In yet another Luddite troll, Prok writes:

> "Having the ability to "access world data" without having to present as a
presence in that world means that all kinds of entities can scrape, search,
invade, spy on, monitor, etc. worlds and the avatarized people in them
without accountability or constrain"

What happens when you look out your window in RL? or Watch TV?

BTW: I'm really liking the term entity instead of avatar, because it would
seem to include 'bots and cameras. I'm also thinking that "avartarized
people"  is either a  non-sequitar or redundant; people are people, their
representations do not change their rights.

Just my Extropian $.02 worth

Waka

---

From: Charles Krinke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:10:27 -0800

Well, as we move forward, "entity" is perhaps reasonable.

I see folks using sims for AI, robotics research, machima and a number of
things that are less then "avatar-centric".

So, considering that use case is also to our advantage.

Charles Krinke
OpenSim Core Developer
OSGrid Director

2009/3/19 William George <[email-masked]>

> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox
>
>

-- 
Charles Krinke
OpenSim Core Developer
OSGrid Director