Subject: Re: [mmox] reverse http I-D

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:55:53 -0700

There's a lot more moving parts to RHTTP than just virtual worlds.
XMPP has BOSH, and AJAX and AJAJ everywhere often use Bayeux or COMET.
 Meanwhile, the HTML5 Working Group submitted their Web Sockets design
to the IETF.   I bear definite responsibility for the combined timing,
although for none of the specific protocols, because it appeared to me
the time was more than ripe to unify this space somewhat.  I've asked
people to present at the APPAREA meeting on monday morning.

If people would also not call it an RFC yet that would make me happy,
for whatever that's worth :)

Lisa

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:25 AM, Lawson English <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hey grats to Zero Linden (Mark Lentczner) and Donovan Preston  for getting
> this out. Will make virtual worlds communication much more robust in the
> long run, I think:
>
>
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lentczner-rhttp-00.txt
>
>
> Lawson
> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox
>