Subject: [mmox] Service Regions - Cloud Services - overlap?

From: Kajikawa Jeremy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 21:19:51 +0900

Ive been reading about Eucalyptus (http://eucalyptus.cs.ucsb.edu/)
 and AppScale (http://appscale.cs.ucsb.edu/) ...

And it occurs to me that this may be similar for managing regions
  for various VirtualWorld services.

Would knowing each region "type" (SecondLife/Olive/other?)
  have a bearing on how to interact with it from whatever Service
  has as a client-specific front-end?

Allowing for a given service to run "entrance proxy" server units
  for supportable clients into a given system.

maybe an OSgrid.org login server for non-SecondLife clients would
  be possible? ...

where the proxy runs access of the local(hosting) service for the
  non-local-compatible client ...

a per-client instance proxy with local representation of where in the
service
  the client is currently viewing...

Would this kind of "gatekeeper" be plausible using existing
technologies?
  or is this getting side-tracked from the real issues of this group?

Curious,
  Jeremy

---

From: Tommi Laukkanen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:54:56 +0200

Hello

I think this is a great idea. Please check out:

http://www.bubblecloud.org/

MXP model is not exactly the same but it has similar principles.
Different vendors can provide overlapping bubbles which can also
provide access points for vendor specific clients. Ideally all clients
would use a standard protocol though.

-Tommi

2009/3/18 Kajikawa Jeremy <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> mmox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmox
>
>