Subject: [mmox] OGPX Request for Participation

From: Infinity Linden <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 15:51:40 -0700

Some people might have heard that Open Grid Protocol (OGP)
standardization efforts have been proceeding under the auspices of the
IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force.) Last spring we formed the MMOX
mailing list and BoF (Birds of a Feather) session to discuss
standardization efforts across a number of different virtual worlds
technology. At the MMOX BoF, a smaller number of people indicated an
interest in focusing on the "second life-like" worlds currently
deployed / described by Second Life(tm), OpenSim, PyOGP and RealXtend
(to name a few.) The objective of this new group, called OGPX, is to
define use cases, interoperability profiles and protocol for OGP.

The mailing list for this group, [email-masked], is open and anyone may
participate (though we ask that discussion be limited to OGP and
related topics; the MMOX list is still active for the purpose of more
general VW standardization discussions.) You can subscribe to the OGPX
list by visiting https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ogpx . Current
discussion topics include Reverse HTTP (RHTTP), LLSD / LLIDL and OGP.

So... if you're interested in what's going on in OGP, this is the
place to find out.

Readers may also be interested in the set of published internet drafts:

* OGP : Intro and Requirements (
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamrick-ogp-intro-00 )
* LLSD / LLIDL ( http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hamrick-llsd-00.txt )
* Reverse HTTP ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lentczner-rhttp-00 )
* OGP : Foundations ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lentczner-ogp-base-00 )
* OGP : Authentication ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamrick-ogp-auth-00 )

also... a draft charter for the OGPX group has been published to the
mailing list and is archived at:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ogpx/current/msg00005.html

please don't hesitate to subscribe if you're interested. you don't
have to be an OGP partisan. HyperGrid folk who want to know what we're
doing are welcome; all i ask is we keep the trash talk to a minimum
and keep the discussion focused to OGP.

-sincerely
-meadhbh hamrick (aka infinity linden)