Subject: [MMUSIC] Re: Last Call: Support for IPv6 in SDP to Proposed Standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:04:06 +0100

May be I have missed something, but does the proposal allow a DSTM node to
propose an IPV4 and an IPV6 @ for the "Connection data" address? Another
way of expressing my question, does the proposal cope with a host offering
to its peer to dialog either in IPV4 or in IPV6 for the exchange of the
media content?
Thanks in advance for the clarification
     Best regards
        Laurent T.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
      V    Laurent Thiebaut      tel: +33 (0)1 3077 0645
A L C A T E L                    e.mail:[email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IESG <[email-masked]> on 25/01/2002 23:16:05

Please respond to [email-masked]

 To:      IETF-Announce: ;                                    
                                                              
 cc:      [email-masked], [email-masked](bcc:      
          Laurent THIEBAUT/FR/ALCATEL)                        

 Subject: Last Call: Support for IPv6 in SDP to Proposed      
          Standard                                            

The IESG has received a request from the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control Working Group to consider Support for IPv6 in SDP
<draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-ipv6-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by February 8, 2002.

Files can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-ipv6-01.txt

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPng Working Group Mailing List
IPng Home Page:                      http://playground.sun.com/ipng
FTP archive:                      ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/ipng
Direct all administrative requests to [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:47:10 +0200

Hi,

the draft allow to express an IPv6 address in SDP. Then, what you want
to do with that, it's up to you.

If you want to offer either an IPv6 address "OR" an IPv4 address for the
media flow, I would use two m lines (one IPv4 and the other IPv6)
grouped using FID.

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo                    Phone :   +1 212 939 71 71
Columbia University                  Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
472 Computer Science Building        Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
1214 Amsterdam Ave., Mail Code 0401  http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
New York, NY 10027                   
USA                              [email-masked]