Subject: [MMUSIC] Presenting draft-westerlund-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-00.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:22:32 +0200

Hi all,

I have submitted a draft that discuss and tries to address the problem 
with having IP and transport level as a part of the SDP bandwidth 
modifiers. Specifically it looks at the b=AS:<bw-value>. The problems is 
several, but one of the major is a result of having two IP versions 
deployed and having translation between the two. Also header compression 
and future transport protocols (DCCP) creates problems.

So any person working with protocols using SDP (SIP, SAP, RTSP) or 
working with SDP and SDP-NG should look at this draft.

Until it becomes available in the IETF directories it can be fetched 
from here:
<http://standards.ericsson.net/westerlund/draft-westerlund-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-00.txt 

Discussion is encouraged and any comments should be directed to the 
MMUSIC mailing list. SO PLEASE remove the other lists when replying.

Regards

Magnus Westerlund 

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research ERA/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Tom Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 09:58:48 -0700

I like the TIAS solution.  I think it's much more reasonable to calculate
only the application bandwidth than try to guess how many bits are in the
headers in lower layers.

-- 
If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you
really make them think they'll hate you.