Subject: [MMUSIC] Deleted Streams in Grouping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:22:33 +0530

Hi,
      Suppose there exists a group which groups two media streams m1 and
m2.
If a stream gets deleted in the middle of the session(say m1), then do we
have to remove
the "Media Stream Identification tag"(mid) from the grouping??. The RFC
says we will
have to remove the mid's for rejected streams. There is no mention about
deleted streams.

If we dont do this then there might be a problem when we try to add a new
stream(say m3).

Assume that we have deleted m1 from the session and the *mid* is not
removed from
grouping. When we try to add a third stream m3 to the session, the slot of
the deleted stream
gets reused. Also the Media Stream Identification tag(mid) remains the same
.
This will cause this stream to be part of the grouping, which is not TRUE.

Please clarify.

Thanks and regds,
srikanth sundaragopalan
Hughes Software Systems.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 12:32:02 +0200

Hello,

in the offer/answer model there is not such a thing as a "deleted"
stream. You never delete m lines. You set the port number to zero, which
is reffered to as "rejecting" a media stream.

Therefore, if you have a session that lasts very long, and you have been
adding and "rejecting" streams, your SDPs will carry a lot of garbage...
ungly, but that's the way it is.

Regards,

Gonzalo

-- 
Gonzalo Camarillo         Phone :  +358  9 299 33 71
Oy L M Ericsson Ab        Mobile:  +358 40 702 35 35
Telecom R&D               Fax   :  +358  9 299 30 52
FIN-02420 Jorvas          Email :  [email-masked]
Finland                   http://www.hut.fi/~gonzalo
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic