Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: REDIRECT issues

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:19:32 +0200

Hi,

I have thought of a couple of issues regarding the use of REDIRECT, 
especially the new * requests, i.e. without session header.

1. When using REDIRECT without session header what a client can expect 
regarding outstanding request should be clarified. In the current text 
it is not very clear how to handle these. I think it is okay to consider 
these as lost, however this should be clear. However I think there 
should be recommendations to respond to outstanding requests.

2. When using REDIRECT without session header are the sessions at this 
server closed automatically by acknowledging the request? If yes, then 
why no have the same behaviour for all REDIRECT, also the explicitly 
noted sessions except for those with Range Header. I think we should try 
to harmonize the behaviour here. Also having automatic session 
termination saves us some request that in my opinion are not needed.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic