Subject: [MMUSIC] [Fwd: Re: Last Call: SDP attribute for qualifying Media Formats with Generic Parameters to a Proposed Standard]

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:36:17 +0200

FYI

/Magnus

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Last Call: SDP attribute for qualifying Media Formats with 
Generic Parameters to a Proposed Standard
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 07:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
References: <[email-masked]>

 > The IESG has received a request from Individual Submissions WG to 
consider
 > the following Internet-Draft(s) as a Proposed Standard. This has been
 > reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an IETF Working Group.
 > o Individual Submissions (NONE): SDP attribute for qualifying Media
 >   Formats with Generic Parameters
 >     <draft-rajeshkumar-mmusic-gpmd-03.txt>
 >     Proposed Standard

This looks to me like a substantive duplication of the media features 
facility defined in RFC 2533 and elaborated on in RFCs 2506, 2530, 2534, 
2738, 2912, 2913, 2938, and 2987. Not only does this set of documents 
provide a full-featured media feature tagging and content negotiation 
facility, the relationship to MIME media types and parameters has also 
been worked out.

Although the media features facility defined in these various RFCs is 
perhaps too elaborate for SDP's needs, it should at least be possible to 
reuse the basic descriptive elements of media features and the 
corresponding media features registry.

At a minimum this draft needs to explain why the existing media features
facility is unsuitable for SDP's use and another, similar facility needs 
to be defined.

				Ned

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic