Subject: [MMUSIC] draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-01.txt

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:36:20 -0700

We revised sdescriptions
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-01.txt>
.

If you're unfamiliar with this I-D, the abstract is:
   This document defines a Session Description Protocol (SDP)
   cryptographic attribute for media streams.  The attribute describes
   a cryptographic key and other parameters, which serve to configure
   security for a media stream.  This document defines the Secure Real-
   time Transport Protocol (SRTP) parameters for the attribute.  The
   SDP crypto attribute requires the services of a data security
   protocol to secure the SDP message.

Significant changes from -00 to -01 are:

  * New syntax for a=crypto attribute parameter.  This includes
      - removing the "grouping" which occured before (now everything
        for one crypto suite is on one line);
      - a new key "use" attribute (encrypt, decrypt, both);
      - created SRC tuple for SSRC, SEQ, and ROC in the SRTP session
        parameter (which also allows specifying multiples of each),
        the syntax is "SRC=(ssrc,seq,roc)";
      - removed application=srtp|srtcp;
      - other smaller ABNF changes and bugfixes.

  * Please see the Open Issues section (8.0).

  * Revisions to Offer / Answer (specifically section 5.2 [answerer
    processing, 5.4 [non-RTP/SAVP answerers, and 5.8 [keymgt]).
    Offer / Answer still needs further refinement.

I will be presenting these changes during the MMUSIC meeting in Vienna.

-d

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic