Subject: [MMUSIC] RTP/RTCP Timestamp and transmission time

From: Lorenzo Polidori <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:15:36 +0200 (added by [email-masked])

Hi all,

I have two questions about RTCP packets. 
1- In RFC 3550, section 6.4, it is specified that a sender can set the NTP
timestamp to zero: in this case, will subsequent RTP timestamp of the same
RTCP packet be zero, as this value is calculated from the NTP timestamp? And
in what cases is allowed setting to zero NTP timestamp? Do common clients
like RealOnePlayer accept this setting?
2- In the case of unicast scenario, with only one client and one server and
a fixed bandwidth, is it  possible to calculate the transmission time of
RTCP packets a priori, and to send the RTCP packet at fixed times, for
example every 3000 RTP data packets? Doing so, it will be avoided the
calculation of transmission time for this very simple scenario.

Best Regards
Lorenzo

/*******************************************************************\
*    Lorenzo POLIDORI
*    company:    BLT Italia srl        web:  http://www.blt.it
*    address:    via Rosselli, 91     city:  Lido di CAMAIORE
*    country:    ITALY                 zip:  55043-i
*    Tel. +39 0584 904788  Fax +39 0584 904789  e-mail: [email-masked]
\*******************************************************************/

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic