Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 14:49:05 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: SDP: Session Description Protocol
	Author(s)	: M. Handley, V. Jacobson, C. Perkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2003-9-4
	
This memo defines the Session Description Protocol (SDP). SDP is
intended for describing multimedia sessions for the purposes of
session announcement, session invitation, and other forms of
multimedia session initiation.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:21:38 -0700

hi
   I think we have a problem with Section 5.12 of 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt. It 
references RFC 1890, which is now obsolete.

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:23:48 +0100

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 23:21 Europe/London, Mark Baugher wrote:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt. 
> It references RFC 1890, which is now obsolete.

Yes, it's on my list of things to fix.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 23:26:45 +0100

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14.txt

This revision has a large number of formatting fixes, but there are no 
technical changes. I'm working on -15, which will address the issues 
raised during IESG review.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:57:17 -0700

>Yes, it's on my list of things to fix.

The fix may be non-trivial because the relevant sections in RFC 1890 have 
been deleted in RFC 3551.

Mark

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:15:11 +0100

On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 23:57 Europe/London, Mark Baugher wrote:
>>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new- 
>>> 14.txt. It references RFC 1890, which is now obsolete.
>>
> The fix may be non-trivial because the relevant sections in RFC 1890  
> have been deleted in RFC 3551.

You mean the string-to-key mapping?

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:51:10 -0700

At 12:15 AM 9/5/2003 +0100, Colin Perkins wrote:
>>>>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new- 14.txt. 

Not exactly.  I mean a couple paragraphs down from the string-to-key 
mapping bullet:

"... The encryption format specifiers should be drawn from RFC 1423 or any 
additional identifiers registered with IANA. If no slash is present, 
DES-CBC is assumed as default. The encryption algorithm specifier is case 
sensitive. "

There is no longer any specification for the cryptography.

Mark