Subject: [MMUSIC] RTP Marker bit handling.

From: "MINGHAO WANG, BLOOMBERG/ 499 PARK" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:26:40 -0400

Hello,                                                                          
  About the marker bit in RTP, which indicates the start of a talkburst for 
audio data. What is the proper action on the receiver side? How do different 
company products handle a packet with marker bit set?                           
  One simple solution to handle marker bit is to clear the jitter buffer and 
start over. But for silence suppression, there are a lot of data with marker bit
 set. Apparently that approach does not work. Any ideas how to handle it 
properly?                                                                       
  Thanks a lot.                                                                 
Howard

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:15:48 +0100

On Wednesday, Sep 24, 2003, at 19:26 Europe/London, MINGHAO WANG, 
>  set. Apparently that approach does not work. Any ideas how to handle 

RTP related questions are not appropriate for the MMUSIC mailing list. 
You
might try asking on [email-masked] instead.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/