Subject: [MMUSIC] RTP packets and MTU

From: Lorenzo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:51:25 +0200 (added by [email-masked])

Hi all,

I have a question about the RTP packet encapsulation in UDP packet. I have
to send MPEG2 Elementary Stream (ES) video frame over RTP. First of all: can
I fragment an RTP packet across some UDP packets or it is mandatory to
insert the entire RTP packet in the UDP packet payload? and about MPEG2: can
I fragment an MPEG slice in two or more RTP packets?
I have a UDP Maximum Segment Size (MSS) of 1460 byte and I can encapsulate
easly an entire MPEG slice in a UDP packet, but if I had a little MTU, i.e.
256 byte?

Best Regards,
Lorenzo

/*******************************************************************\
*  Lorenzo POLIDORI
*    company:    BLT Italia srl        web:  http://www.blt.it
*    address:    via Rosselli, 91     city:  Lido di CAMAIORE
*    country:    ITALY                 zip:  55043-i
* Tel. +39 0584 904788  Fax +39 0584 904789  e-mail: [email-masked]
\*******************************************************************/

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic