Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP teleconference 1 october with Agenda

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:03:16 +0200

Hi

I think it is time to resume the RTSP teleconferences. You are invited 
to participate in a conference the 1st of October at 18.00 CET. This 
will allow us to have one more conference before the draft deadline for 
Minneapolis.

The details to participate.

Telephone number: +46 8 71 99500
Participant PIN   61680
Date   10/01/2003 (MM/DD/YYYY)
Start Time   18:00 (HH:MM)  (CET)

Please send me a mail if YOU plan to participate.

Below is the agenda provided. Due to that there has been a while since 
the meeting I would ask the participants to read up on the below things. 
Especially bullet 3 that contains a lot of bugs that we need to check 
status on and if it is acceptable. If everyone has looked through this 
then this hopefully can managed rather rapidly.

The agenda
----------

1. Opening of meeting.
2. Administrative
    - Scribe
3. Since last meeting (16th of June & 28th of May).
    The meeting the 16th had very few participants so no technical 
issues where discussed.
a. Bug http://rtsp.org/bug533691 &  http://rtsp.org/bug513880
    Range with t0 > t1 and Scale=-1
     - Updated text received, include in specification?
b. http://rtsp.org/bug556295 - Text received, include in specification?
c. Multiple SSRC in RTSP.
     - Text received, include in specification?
d. http://rtsp.org/bug507882 - RTP timestamp and pause
     - Aravind to write up text
e. http://rtsp.org/bug739845 - "a=range" is missing IANA registration 
and clear rules
     - Text is available in bis04.
f. http://rtsp.org/bug742328 - How to handle PLAY request when at the 
end of a media clip
     - Magnus to write text.
g. http://rtsp.org/742348 - Usage of implicit REDIRECT.
     - There has been some discussion on the list on this. Please read up.

Vienna Discussion items:

h. http://rtsp.org/bug640272 - Default way of deriving aggregate URL

i. http://rtsp.org/bug771638 - a=range in SDP to indicate live media
   Has been adopted in 3GPP. Discussion on MMUSIC list did not bring up 
any big problems. Any more comments?

j. http://rtsp.org/bug531189 - How does REDIRECT method work

k. http://rtsp.org/bug810678 - How to indicate end of media stream

l. http://rtsp.org/bug742348 - Usage of implicit REDIRECT.

m. http://rtsp.org/bug770522 - Request to response time is not limited.

n. http://rtsp.org/bug810681 - 	The updated specification version number

4. New Items

a. http://rtsp.org/bug795295 - TEARDOWN using * and the Ready-nm state
    Question of removing these possibilities.

b. http://rtsp.org/bug804219 - How to handle sync in re-SETUP
    There has recently been rather much discussion on this. Is the 
proposal okay. In the CVS for the "methods.tex" file there is new text.

c. http://rtsp.org/bug806404 - Re-SETUP of transport parameters
    There has been some discussion on which parameters that may be 
changed and some use case presentation. Geetha has volunteered to make a 
proposal.

d. http://rtsp.org/bug810666 - Removal of SETUP in play state
    A simplification of non used RTSP possibilities will simplify write up.

5. Next Telecon: Proposal 14th of October
6. End of meeting

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:05:01 +0200

A reminder about tomorrow's telecon. Please take the time to review the 
issues prior to the meeting.

Best Regards

Magnus

Magnus Westerlund wrote:

>    The meeting the 16th had very few participants so no technical issues 
> where discussed.

-- 

Magnus Westerlund