Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Transport negotiation

From: "Anders Klemets" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:40:55 -0700

Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> Based on this it seems to be a good idea to include the two headers 
> (Range and RTP-Info) always in a re-SETUP. My only question is that if

> we could write MUST or if that will have any backwards compatibility 
> problems? Are there any clients or servers that support re-SETUP
today?

WMP 9 and Windows Server 2003 can do re-SETUP, for example for switching
from Interleaved delivery to UDP delivery.  However, the SSRC does not
change, so the server does not send the Range header, only the Rtp-Info
header.  The Rtp-Info header is used to inform the client about the RTP
sequence number of the first packet using the new transport.

Anders

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:17:10 +0200

Hi Anders

Okay, I would see this as indication that the normative text will be 
SHOULD included Range. For RTP delivery and when SSRC or other changes 
to the synchronization occurs RTP-Info and Range header MUST be 
included. I will try to formulate something for the SETUP section of the 
specification.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]