Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Bug 649272 - Default way of deriving aggregate URL

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:37:03 +0200

Hi,

This is the proposed text in regards bug:

http://rtsp.org/bug640272 - Default way of deriving aggregate URL

The text is from the SETUP method description:

"The server {\MUST} generate a session identifier in response to a
successful {\SETUP} request, unless a {\SETUP} request to a server
includes a session identifier, in which case the server {\MUST}
bundle this setup request into the existing session (aggregated
session) or return error 459 (Aggregate Operation Not Allowed)
(see Section ~\ref{sec:error459}). An Aggregate control URI
{\MUST} be used to control an aggregated session. This URI {\MUST}
be different from the stream control URIs of the individual media
streams included in the aggregate. The Aggregate control URI
{\SHOULD} be specified by the session description since there is
no general rule for deriving it from the various stream control
URIs in the session.

If an Aggregate control URI is not specified in the session
description, it is probably a indication that non-aggregated
control should be used. However a client {\MAY} try to SETUP the
session in aggregated control. If the server refuse to aggregate
the specified media, the server {\SHALL} use the 459 error code.
If the server allows the aggregation, then the client {\MUST}
create an URI for aggregate control of the session. This URI
{\MUST} contain the servers host address and {\MUST} contain the
port, if applicable (e.g. not default port). Once an URI is used
to refer to an aggregation for a given session, that URI {\MUST}
be used to refer to that aggregation for the duration of the
session."

Please comment

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:06:14 +0200

Hi,

Please provide comments by Wednesday the 22th of October, or this text 
will be part of the next draft version.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund