Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: Proposal to remove SETUP and TEARDOWN of individual media streams in PLAY state

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 16:54:40 +0200

Hi,

Another issue that was discussed on yesterdays telecon was the removal 
of the part specifying that usage of setup and teardown on individual 
media stream in PLAY state is possible. This does not effect the 
functionality for:

- SETUP and Teardown in ready state
- The usage of SETUP to change transport parameters.
- Usage of aggregated Teardown in play state to end session.

The removal of this functionality will be done in such way that it will 
be possible in the future to specify this as extension functionality.

If no comments are received on this within a week I will start making 
these changes. And comments for keeping this functionality should state 
a strong use cases for this.

See also:
http://rtsp.org/bug810666

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Tom Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:23:04 -0700

Together with the removal of ready-nm state, does mean that a successful
TEARDOWN always deletes the session?

-- 
A revised schedule is to business what a new season is to an athlete or a
new canvas to an artist.
        -- Norman Augustine

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 08:46:32 +0200

No,

Not if you do teardown on a individual stream in Ready state for a 
session with more than one media.

> TEARDOWN always deletes the session?

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:09:01 +0200

Hi,

Unless any further comments are received by Monday the 20th of October 
this change will be edited in.

Cheers

Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Tom Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:27:11 -0700

> be possible in the future to specify this as extension functionality.

I have a use case for this functionality, although I think it is probably
best left to an extension tag.  I'm interested in how it might be specified
such that it's compatible with the core spec.

-- 
Nothing is illegal if a hundred businessmen decide to do it, and that's true
anywhere in the world.
        -- Andrew Young