Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP: Use of multiple c= lines in an m= block

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:58:52 +0100

In off-list discussion with Magnus and Gonzalo, is was asked if it is 
allowed to have multiple c= lines in a m= block, but not at session 
level, since RFC 2327 is not entirely clear. The following 
clarification was proposed for the end of Section 5.7 of 
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-new-14:

OLD:
    Multiple addresses or "c=" lines MAY be specified on a per-media
    basis. They MUST NOT be specified for a session-level "c=" field.

NEW:
    Multiple addresses or "c=" lines MAY be specified on a per-media
    basis only if they provide multicast addresses for different layers
    in a hierarchical or layered encoding scheme. They MUST NOT be
    specified for a session-level "c=" field.

Any comments?

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic