Subject: [MMUSIC] RTSP: bug 742328 - How to handle PLAY request when at the end of a media clip

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 09:40:44 +0200

Hi,

This is the text proposal for solving this bug:

http://rtsp.org/bug742328 -
How to handle PLAY request when at the end of a media clip

The text belongs to the PLAY method description:

"A client desiring to play the media from the beginning {\MUST}
send a {\PLAY} request with a \header{Range} header pointing at
the beginning, e.g. npt=0-. If a {\PLAY} request is received
without a \header{Range} header when media delivery has stopped at
the end, the server {\SHOULD} respond with a 457 "Invalid Range"
error response. In that response the current pause point in a
\header{Range} header {\SHALL} be included."

Please comment!

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 20:05:26 +0200

Hi,

Please provide any comments by Wednesday the 22th of October, or the 
below text will be part of the next version.

/Magnus

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

---

From: Deepak Kotian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:22:19 +0530

Hi,

I have a problem,
The initial audio lags video by around 17-20 seconds and after that it is OK
on RealOne via RTSP/RTP.
Basically the audio comes after 17-20 seconds against video.
i.e. the initial audio packets are not played at all. The audio packets
are sent at all time.
We have implemented RFC 2250 for MPEG1 Video and Audio
and RTSP minimal server.

Any suggestion on this one please.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak