Subject: [MMUSIC] RFC 3605 on Real Time Control Protocol (RTCP) attribute in Session Description Protocol (SDP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:03:16 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3605

        Title:      Real Time Control Protocol (RTCP) attribute in
                    Session Description Protocol (SDP)
        Author(s):  C. Huitema
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       October 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 17270
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp4nat-05.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3605.txt

The Session Description Protocol (SDP) is used to describe the
parameters of media streams used in multimedia sessions.  When a
session requires multiple ports, SDP assumes that these ports have
consecutive numbers.  However, when the session crosses a network
address translation device that also uses port mapping, the ordering
of ports can be destroyed by the translation.  To handle this, we
propose an extension attribute to SDP.

This document is a product of the Multiparty Multimedia Session
Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.