Subject: RE: [MMUSIC] Comedia draft

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 11:58:29 +0300

Hi Gonzalo,

> we have just submitted a new version of the comedia draft.

in the previous draft there was a section indicating how to treat UDP and
RTP/AVP like connection oriented media (symmetric RTP). In the new version
this section is not present anymore, why? Is there any other document 
describing "symmetric RTP"?

Regards
Marco

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:38:19 +0300

Marco,

> describing "symmetric RTP"?

Yes, section 4.6 of comedia-05 used to describe what you point out.

I have removed that section from the draft because I believe it is out 
of the scope of the comedia draft. I want the comedia draft to specify 
how to describe connection oriented streams in SDP. Explaining how to 
make RTP streams traverse NATs should be dealt with in a different document.

That much said, the ICE framework provides a way to traverse NATs which 
is much better than the one described in comedia-05. In any event, if 
there is still interest to document the latter approach, we can discuss 
where to do it.

Thanks,

Gonzalo