Subject: [MMUSIC] Reference audio level indication in SDP?

From: Vladimir Vysotsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:06:13 -0700

Hi,

I'm not sure if this question is appropriate here, so please point me in 
the right direction if not.

In our SIP/SDP-based product, we've encountered the need to send audio 
streams between platforms with significantly different mappings between 
digital audio amplitude and sound volume. Rather than implement some 
kind of automatic gain adjustment based on measuring incoming audio 
volume at the receiver/mixer, I'm thinking it would be more appropriate 
to use SDP to specify an amplitude reference of the sender, and have 
receivers adjust their audio mixing levels accordingly (this could work 
in both offer/answer and announcement scenarios).

However, I couldn't find any definitions of a suitable SDP parameter. 
Does something like this exist, and if not, would somebody be interested 
in designing it?

Vladimir

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic