Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:33:32 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Description Protocol Security Descriptions 
			  for Media Streams
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen, et al. 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt
	Pages		: 36
	Date		: 2004-5-5
	
This document defines a Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
   cryptographic attribute for unicast media streams.  The attribute 
   describes a cryptographic key and other parameters, which serve to 
   configure security for a unicast media stream in either a single 
   message or a roundtrip exchange.  The attribute can be used with a 
   variety of SDP media transports and this document defines how to use 
   it for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) unicast media 
   streams.  The SDP crypto attribute requires the services of a data 
   security protocol to secure the SDP message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 15:59:27 +0100

This is to announce a two-week working group last call on the SDP Security 
Descriptions for Media Streams (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt). 
Please send any final comments on this draft to the mailing list by 21st 
May 2004. If no substantive comments are received by that time, we shall 
request the IESG consider this for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.

The following technical changes have occurred since the previous version of 
this draft, necessitating another working group last call:

1) Addition of a new FEC_KEY parameter to specify key(s) for a FEC 
   stream that is separate from the media stream itself (new Section 
   5.3.5, updated grammar, and updated SRTP offer/answer rules as a
   result).
2) Removal of the "SPLIT" FEC mode parameter
3) Addition of text to deal with changing IP-address and/or port 
   when updating the session (Section 6.1.4).
4) Removed support for SRTP-specific use of sdescriptions outside
   offer/answer (Section 6.2) as it had a problem with RTCP support.

Colin

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:29:23 +0100

This working group last call ends today. There have been no objections, so 
we will request the IESG consider this draft for publication as a Proposed 
Standard RFC.

Colin

On Sunday 09 May 2004 15:59, Colin Perkins wrote:
> This is to announce a two-week working group last call on the SDP
> Security Descriptions for Media Streams
> (draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-04.txt). Please send any final comments
> on this draft to the mailing list by 21st May 2004. If no substantive
> comments are received by that time, we shall request the IESG consider
> this for publication as a Proposed Standard RFC.
>
> The following technical changes have occurred since the previous version
> of this draft, necessitating another working group last call:
>