Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP negotiation for VAD or silence suppression

From: Jasson Casey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:08:03 -0500

I was curious if anyone has defined an extension for SDP that allows
for negitation of Voice Activity Detection/Silence Suppression.

Thanks,

-jasson

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: "Hearty, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:28:25 -0600

You can turn it off for some:

RFC 3555:

4.1.3. Registration of MIME media type audio/G723

   MIME media type name: audio

   MIME subtype name: G723

   Required parameters: None

   Optional parameters:

        ptime, maxptime
        bitrate: the data rate in kb/s used or preferred for the audio
        bit stream, with permissible values 5.3 or 6.3.  If
        unspecified, the bitrate may change from frame to frame as
        indicated inband.

        annexa: indicates that Annex A, voice activity detection, is
        used or preferred.  Permissible values are "yes" and "no"
        (without the quotes); "yes" is implied if this parameter is
        omitted.

4.1.9. Registration of MIME media type audio/G729

   MIME media type name: audio

   MIME subtype name: G729

   Required parameters: None

   Optional parameters:

        ptime, maxptime

        annexb: indicates that Annex B, voice activity detection, is
        used or preferred.  Permissible values are "yes" and "no"
        (without the quotes); "yes" is implied if this parameter is
        omitted.

John Hearty
Level3

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Jasson Casey
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 4:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] SDP negotiation for VAD or silence suppression

Thanks,

-jasson