Subject: [MMUSIC] FYI: Use port 8554 rather than port 7070 for RTSP

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:34:22 -0800

Many current RTSP server implementations use port 7070 for RTSP (in 
addition to the default RTSP port 554).  Until recently, I had just assumed 
that 7070 was an 'official' alternate port number for RTSP.  However, 
looking at the official IANA registry
         <http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers>
I discovered, to my surprise, that port 7070 is assigned to some other 
protocol: "ARCP".  (I don't know what protocol this is.)

Instead, port 8554 is assigned to RTSP:

     rtsp-alt   8554/tcp    RTSP Alternate (see port 554)
     rtsp-alt   8554/udp    RTSP Alternate (see port 554)

I thought I'd mention this on this ("mmusic") mailing list, because it does 
not seem to be common knowledge.

         Ross.

	Ross Finlayson
	LIVE.COM
	<http://www.live.com/>

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic