Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:03:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Description Protocol (SDP) Source Filters
	Author(s)	: B. Quinn, R. Finlayson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-08.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2005-6-14
	
This document describes how to adapt the Session Description Protocol
    (SDP) to express one or more source addresses as a source filter for
    one or more destination "connection" addresses.  It defines the
    syntax and semantics for an SDP "source-filter" attribute that may
    reference either IPv4 or IPv6 address(es) as either an inclusive or
    exclusive source list for either multicast or unicast destinations.
    In particular, an inclusive source-filter can be used to specify a
    Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) session.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-srcfilter-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:54:43 +0100

Folks,

The latest revisions to the srcfilter draft address the IESG review  
comments:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi? 
command=view_id&dTag=5370&rfc_flag=0

This draft has previously completed working group last call, but  
since a normative MUST has been removed from the draft in response to  
IESG comments, we need confirmation from the group that the revisions  
are appropriate. Accordingly, please review the changes to the draft  
(see below) and send any final comments to the mailing list before  
Monday 20th June 2005. If no comments are received we will consider  
the changes appropriate, and ask the IESG to continue processing the  
draft.

Colin

Changes between -06 and -07 (change log from Ross):

Normative References:
- Updated the dates of the "rtcpssm" and "sdp-new" Internet Drafts.
- Replaced the reference to the (obsolete) RFC 2044 with one to RFC  
3629.

Informative References:
- Updated the "IGMPv3" reference to refer to RFC 3376.
- Updated the "Socket Interface Extensions ..." reference to refer to  
RFC 3678.
- Updated the "Overview of SSM" reference to refer to RFC 3569.

Appendix A:
- Added necessary 'space characters' to the ABNF syntax.
- Updated the "src-list" ABNF definition to reference "unicast- 
address" rather than "addr" (which is no longer used in the 'sdp-new'  
ABNF).

Elsewhere:
- Changed the unicast addresses used in examples to come from the  
range of 'example' addresses as specified in RFCs 3330 and 3849.
- Updated boilerplate text to pass "idnits".

Changes between -07 and -08:

<     are those that are seen by a receiver.  If source addresses  
undergo
<     translation en route from the original sender to the receiver
<     - e.g., due to NAT (Network Address Translation) or some tunneling
<     mechanism - then the SDP "source-filter" attribute - as  
presented to
<     the receiver - MUST be translated accordingly.
---
 >     are those that are seen by a receiver.  Therefore, if source
 >     addresses undergo translation en route from the original  
sender to
 >     the receiver - e.g., due to NAT (Network Address Translation)  
or some
 >     tunneling mechanism - then the SDP "source-filter" attribute - as
 >     presented to the receiver, will not be accurate, unless the  
source
 >     addresses therein are also translated accordingly.