Subject: [MMUSIC] RE: mmusic Digest, Vol 14, Issue 8 - differences

From: "Bhal, Sanjay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:18:13 -0500

Hello,
How do I know what is new in this draft? Any document available with
comparison between the two drafts?

Thanks for your help,
Sanjay
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: mmusic Digest, Vol 14, Issue 8

Send mmusic mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of mmusic digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt
      ([email-masked])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:40:47 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Subject: [MMUSIC] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Multiparty Multimedia Session Control
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Description Protocol Security
Descriptions 
			  for Media Streams
	Author(s)	: F. Andreasen, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt
	Pages		: 37
	Date		: 2005-6-13
	
This document defines a Session Description Protocol (SDP) 
   cryptographic attribute for unicast media streams.  The attribute 
   describes a cryptographic key and other parameters, which serve to 
   configure security for a unicast media stream in either a single 
   message or a roundtrip exchange.  The attribute can be used with a 
   variety of SDP media transports and this document defines how to use 
   it for the Secure Real-time Transport Protocol (SRTP) unicast media 
   streams.  The SDP crypto attribute requires the services of a data 
   security protocol to secure the SDP message.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.t
xt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
-------------- next part --------------
Skipped content of type multipart/alternative

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

End of mmusic Digest, Vol 14, Issue 8
*************************************

_______________________________________________
mmusic mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:23:24 +0100

On 14 Jun 2005, at 17:18, Bhal, Sanjay wrote:
> How do I know what is new in this draft?

The tool at http://ietf.levkowetz.com/tools/rfcdiff/ can be used to  
compare drafts, as can any other diff utility.

> Any document available with comparison between the two drafts?

In draft-ietf-mmusic-sdescriptions-11.txt some sections are  
rearranged compared to the -10 draft. There are no technical changes.

Colin

---

From: Mark Baugher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:59:03 -0700

hi,
   version -10 had some boilerplate problems and was quickly replaced by  
-11.  The significant differences are between -9 and -10.  We should  
have posted an explanation to the list when we posted -10.  The major  
change was an Applicability section that explains when one would use  
SDP Security Descriptions instead of kmgmt+MIKEY.  We also fixed some  
smaller problems with revision -9 that were pointed out by persons on  
the list.

Mark